How limited are "limited edition" Casio G-Shock watches?
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: How limited are "limited edition" Casio G-Shock watches?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hello

So guys, I was browsing through the Casio international site and I clicked G-Shock and then limited models. I wondered how limited all these watches are? The 30th anniversary watches are supposed to be more limited than the rest of the watches is my guess, but can somebody explain all this "limited edition" stuff?

Also, I recently bought the GD-100BW-1 (yaaaaaaay ) and noticed that on the Casio international site is listed under limited models > limited color 7. So does this make my watch a "limited edition" watch? Because when something is limited edition I expect to see like one of three hundred or 047/500 for example. Yet on the Casio USA website it's just a "normal" watch - it doesn't say anything about it being limited model or color. So what's up with my watch? How many were made or how many will be made? How does all this "limited" edition/model/color stuff work?

I LOVE that watch by the way (the GD-100), it's nice in all of the colors it is being offered, but the one I bought with the mirror LCD is just...perfect (at least in my opinion), I really love it . Is it "normal" to be this excited and happy about a watch purchase ? Because I'm really happy I got this watch .

Re: How limited are "limited edition" Casio G-Shock watches?

To me, limited edition should be more exclusive and harder to source. That brings me to another question - My GWF-1000G in some listed sites under Google are listed as 'limited edition' too but the fact is that it's not, but how come still so hard to source? Even the 1000B is the same.

Perhaps, 'limited' colors should be of another classification.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

I noticed in many Japanese websites, they differentiate between limited editions (number of pieces stated) and limited quantity.

---

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The answer is not simple.

Some limited editions ARE numbered, e.g. the Bape limited editions (0125/1000) for example. These are lmited to 1000, or in the case of a couple editions, 2000. There are some REALLY rare Frogman like the Murakami Frog or Mastermind Frog that are limited to 300, and are numbered.

Most of the collaborations and other limited series are not numbered, and casio makes roughly several thousand. The ICERC watches are usually released as batches of 6000 or 7000 from what I have read.

As for the limited series, like the Men in Dark Purple, Men in Mat Black, etc... Casio produced the watches for a limited time, but does not specify how limited or how many are made. In some cases, even specific watches in a series can be much more rare than others. For example, it is hard to find a Men in Dark Purple Riseman, because it seems few were made, but the Men in Dark Purple Mudman is all over the place. For the Men in Mat Black series, the Gulfman and Mudman are extremely rare to find, but the Riseman can still be found. I seems in that series, Casio made many more of the Riseman. In the Master Blue series, the Frogman can be found from time to time, but the other watches of the series are nearly impossible to find.

Casio plays by their own rules here, and they probably make as many as they think they can sell. If there is a lot of demand they may make more. It is hard to know what will become really hard to find in the future, because Casio sometimes stops making a model then suddenly makes another batch of them.
    Last edited by kung-fusion; December 10th, 2012 at 15:29.
    Average_Joe and arkiroms like this.

Great answers everyone, thank you very much. So the "limited edition" are limited in the traditional way 125/300 for example, and the limited colors are limited in production but to a higher number of lets say 5000-7000 watches (or whatever the demand is), but they won't be making them for as long as the other colors of the same model.
    Hmmmm well out of 14 watches on my watches-to-buy list only two are limited production, one of which I already have and the other which I don't . I'll have to hurry up then .

Thanks again for the answers guys , much appreciated.

Some models are only limited for a certain market. Like the GW-7900RD "Burning Red". In Germany it was part of the normal collection and can still be easily found. Same is true for the DW-6900MS. The Japanese version DW-6900MS-1JF is no longer made but the one for the inernational market is still produced AFAIK.

Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Average_Joe View Post
    Great answers everyone, thank you very much. So the "limited edition" are limited in the traditional way 125/300

Yes, but very, very few limited editions are actually numbered. I can only think of a handful off the top of my head.

Yes, I tought so. Limited production are much more common than actual limited editions that are numbered (001/300, 001/500 for example).

What are some models that you can think of that are numbered? I'm just curious so I can check them out. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Casio watch that was limited to 300 and it was engraved on the back of the case, but I can't remember which one was it. Maybe it was a Frogman hmmmm ...I really don't know.

Yes, I tought so. Limited production are much more common than actual limited editions that are numbered (001/300, 001/500 for example).

What are some models that you can think of that are numbered? I'm just curious so I can check them out. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Casio watch that was limited to 300 and it was engraved on the back of the case, but I can't remember which one was it. Maybe it was a Frogman hmmmm ...I really don't know.

Bape (although there are many fakes out there) are numbered, so is the Murakami Frog, Mastermind Frog, 30th anniversary titanium 1030 Frog, 25th anniversary DW-5025 Project Team Tough version (numbered out of 2008 pieces), Ruby Frog (I think), and some others (drawing a blank now)

Here are the limited edition Frogman

GWF-1000TM Takashi Murakami (###/300)
    Photo credit: MyGShock.com / Hellahood.blogspot.com

Name:  GWF-1000TM-watches-1294148018.jpg
Views: 5486
Size:  60.2 KB

GWF-1000MM MasterMind (###/200)

Name:  img57117485.jpg
Views: 18802
Size:  105.7 KB

GWF-T1000BS Basel Special Edition (###/200)

Name:  20110803-reP1010320.jpg
Views: 7764
Size:  53.2 KB

And the latest
    GWF-1030A 30th Anniversary Rising Red (###/300)
    Photo credit: Feisar

Name:  DSC00027.jpg
Views: 7284
Size:  164.0 KB

Name:  DSC00032.jpg
Views: 10653
Size:  229.2 KB
    Last edited by Feisar; December 10th, 2012 at 16:26.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information