How Limited is a Limited G-Shock?

Thread: How Limited is a Limited G-Shock?

How Limited is a Limited G-Shock?

I have a question. I scored a Spike Lee DW5000 yesterday and i am attracted to a lot of other "Limited" edition G-Shocks. The prizeranges vary a lot. I am smart enough to get a good price but I am still wondering. How limited are these models? Is there a way to check production numbers? Are all the limiteds limited to the same amount of models or is One limited more limited than the other?

Re: How Limited is a Limited G-Shock?

Good question !

Am wondering myself. There seems to be limited information, either that I am not looking at the right places.

And speaking of LEs, saw these in the flesh today. Simply stunning, with equally stunning prices to boot !

How much did they want for the white one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    ...Is there a way to check production numbers? Are all the limiteds limited to the same amount of models or is One limited more limited than the other?
    Definitely the limited amount varies from different models, from as few as 300 to 2000 (or more?). Some models have the limited number printed on the caseback or the box like ???/1000 but some have nothing.
    Audemars Piguet x1
    Breitling x1
    Ball x1
    Casio >160
    Glashutte Original x1
    IWC x2
    JLC x1
    Jauet Droz x1
    Nomos x1
    Omega x2
    Panerai x3
    Rolex x5
    Seiko x17
    Tudor x4

Quote Originally Posted by Wah_Wah_Wah View Post
    Definitely the limited amount varies from different models, from as few as 300 to 2000 (or more?). Some models have the limited number printed on the caseback or the box like ???/1000 but some have nothing.

I understand that but I want to have a reference list for the models. I have never seen a Casio with the limited no. engraved in the back.

Wink Re: How Limited is a Limited G-Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    I understand that but I want to have a reference list for the models. I have never seen a Casio with the limited no. engraved in the back.
    Of most modesl Limited Edition means made for a limited period. This can be a wee or a few months of production. Since the Spike Lee could be found worldwide, even in Europe, you can imagine the limited number of this edition is not quite low. I would rather think in 10.000s.

There are actually not many models made in very limited numbers and limited models with a number on the back are very rare.

I have two, which are actually also pretty highlights in my collection:

The collab models of brands that are sold in their shops are often pretty limited. If the number is very low, sometimes the number is known, but mostly it's pretty vague. Note that a small number run is extreme expensive.

Check out this 400 pieces model that will be released soon:

【楽天市場】楽天イーグルス×G-SHOCK(G-ショック)【予約】楽天イーグルス G-SHOCK※9月下旬より順次発送予定:楽天イーグルス Official Shop2 (just click the link, ignore the strange symbols)

15750 is a pretty good price for such a limited model, while a basic DW-6900 costs 12000.

Cheers,

Sjors

P.S. Dr, a third series of mini-figures is announced!

Last edited by Sjors; September 7th, 2010 at 20:19.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I like that red one. Might have to get one.
    Couple of watches here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post

Of most modesl Limited Edition means made for a limited period. This can be a wee or a few months of production. Since the Spike Lee could be found worldwide, even in Europe, you can imagine the limited number of this edition is not quite low. I would rather think in 10.000s.

There are actually not many models made in very limited numbers and limited models with a number on the back are very rare.

I have two, which are actually also pretty highlights in my collection:

The collab models of brands that are sold in their shops are often pretty limited. If the number is very low, sometimes the number is known, but mostly it's pretty vague. Note that a small number run is extreme expensive.

Check out this 400 pieces model that will be released soon:

【楽天市場】楽天イーグルス×G-SHOCK(G-ショック)【予約】楽天イーグルス G-SHOCK※9月下旬より順次発送予定:楽天イーグルス Official Shop2 (just click the link, ignore the strange symbols)

15750 is a pretty good price for such a limited model, while a basic DW-6900 costs 12000.

Cheers,

Sjors

P.S. Dr, a third series of mini-figures is announced!

Thanx for this info.

Below is another example:

Forget about Spike Lee has a limited number. As Sjors said, its released numbers are huge though I don't have the figure. The market will tell which one is a real limited edition and which one is not. For example of 5xxx series, you can hardly find a GW-5000 but nearly impossible to find a GW-5000B now. Then you should know which one has fewer production. For Spike Lee, I think its released numbers should be higher than any previous limited-edition G models I have ever seen.

But don't get me wrong, Spike Lee is a good G when you consider its reasonable price.

Cheers,

Wah
    Audemars Piguet x1
    Breitling x1
    Ball x1
    Casio >160
    Glashutte Original x1
    IWC x2
    JLC x1
    Jauet Droz x1
    Nomos x1
    Omega x2