How long do they stay waterproof?

Thread: How long do they stay waterproof?

How long do they stay waterproof?

I'm talking about your typical G like a 5600? They're all bristling with pushers, and Casio don't even sell the gaskets for those pushers, so for how many years do they typically remain waterproof? Usually worn out after a few years? 5 years, 10 years?

Re: How long do they stay waterproof?

No one knows...

The term waterproof should not be used however since almost no watch is waterproof, the proper term is water resistant!

Generally the pushers are not the most likely failure point since they have double gaskets, more often it is the backplate that will go first since it will be opened for battery changes. So therefor to avoid leaks it is important to use silicone grease so called dielectric grease I think it is called and apply that to the O-ring when changing batteries.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Suspended

safe for the shower, though, right?? I see Peahi's threads that show all military divers and pilots with thier G's....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Most definetlöy safe for the shower...

Most G's with fresh seals could probably handle up to 600 meters (2000 feet) of water...

So they are under-speced!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thread Information