How long does it take to get used to G-Shock Straps?

Thread: How long does it take to get used to G-Shock Straps?

How long does it take to get used to G-Shock Straps?

I just got a GW-M5600, and while I really like it, I'm having a hard time getting use to the rubber strap, as I've been exclusively wearing watches with stainless steel bands.

So, how long did it take you guys to get use to the strap VS stainless steel band?

Thank you!

Re: How long does it take to get used to G-Shock Straps?

I find they're nearer in feel to a leather strap than a metal bracelet.

So in my mind, it would be as odd going from a lifetime of bracelets to a leather strap, but no worse.

Does that help? Probably not.

Anyway, I find that I tend to wear my bracelet watches looser than either leather or resin strap. Bracelets can hang loose and heavy on the wrist and feel fine, but straps (I find) need to be worn a bit tighter. So maybe you're needing to wear it a bit tighter than you're used to? Just a guess.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Are you having a "hard time getting used to to them" because it's uncomfortable, because it's lighter (there's a BIG difference in weight between a metal watch w/bracelet and your G) what? That's a VERY comfortable watch, most don't even notice it's on.....
    To answer your question, ZERO....they were comfortable right away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've got a GW-M5600 and find it to be the most comfortable of all my G's. The rubber strap is very pliable and altogether it feels very light.

I am a long time user of leather straps and stainless steel bracelets, and find the rubber straps to be the most comfortable of all of them.
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

I had the same problem when I got back to rubber straps. It took me like 3 weeks getting used to my gmw850.

Take the strap off is the first thing I usually do ...

... and attach the strap adaptor loops to the case and rrun a one piece nylon dive strap on my G's. Heck even my Rolex Sea Dweller gets that strap lol. Good Luck - Ronbo

Thread Information