How long an EL light can last

Thread: How long an EL light can last

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long an EL light can last

Hi

I am wondering how long the Casio Illuminator can last before it can't light up anymore. Is there any estimated time (like one hour ) that the EL light can last?

If let say the EL light is no more workable, can CASIO service center replace a new EL light.

Thanks

Re: How long an EL light can last

Can't really answer that question for you since I've never experienced a non-working EL in any of my G's. I have had G's that have lasted long enough for the resin bezels to crumble away, and the module and EL still works. I even have a functioning DW-5300 that still illuminates with the light bulb.

I wouldn't worry to much about the longevity of the EL, they are built to last.

Hi G004824,

I have a Sampler (Musical instrument, an Emu ESI-32) that I bought around 1995. It has a similar EL background lighting, but instead of onloy 2 or 3 seconds light, the display EL is lit constantly. Since I work on musical pieces over long periods and am a bit lazy with saving, this sampler was left on many times overnight. Over the years the display EL backlight became dim, now hardly viewable, but that was for many weeks continiously on.

Just a quick calculation. 24h backlight on a G-Shock with a 3 second EL afterglow = 86400 seconds = 28800 EL backlight operations! Well, I think I use the EL backlight a lot, since I like to work in dark surroundings, so I think I use the EL backlight about 15 times a day... Well, that leads to 1920 days, or about 5 years of use. As I said the EL backlight was functioning good for years, so I think under normal circumstances you won't have EL problems for a veeeerrryyyy long time.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

let me put it this way

it (the life span of EL) will last longer than you have to worry about it :-D

I got a Casio 320 bought I would GUESS in about 1982 and the orignal strap has been worn hard but is still fine ! but I did keep it washed off . I never seen a G Shock crumble :O) wow :-D

Wow Sjors! You have the weirdest equipment I have ever seen.

I'm a guitar player with a Ernie Ball Van Halen and a Peavey Wolfgang. I also play around (you might like this) a Korg Triton and a Karma. The Triton has more computing power than the Space Shutle. I love that thing!
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Sjors is a scientific disc jockey:-D

Wink Re: How long an EL light can last

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    I also play around (you might like this) a Korg Triton and a Karma. The Triton has more computing power than the Space Shutle. I love that thing!
    Hi Cold Hit,

That Korg Triton is serious stuff! If I didn't buy so many bikes and watches, I must buy myself some new gear. I have a Korg Mono/poly, which is great (I have the MIDI to logaritmical CV converter). I seriously own a vintage TB-303 and TR-606, one of the funiest and rare analogue combinations. You can play hours with that combo. I think you won't believe me that I paid about €300,- for it. It's worth now around €1500,-, but I'll never sell this equipment.

I play in a Techno/House act and have played bass synths and special effects in a Technical Metal band. I love a broad radius of music and I was until recently a local pop music journalist.

Here some pics in my studio (Our band has actually two studio's):

Two Juno 106's (we had three, but one crashed after a show Something hard fell through the motherboard...), the Korg Mono/Poly and that fluorescent is the MKB.

There it is, the ESI-32 (the bottom one) with the dim EL backllight... The upper Turbo version has a newer kind of backlight...

Hard disk recorder monitor.

Mixing desk

And on stage:

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Impressive...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Cold Hit,

Here some pics in my studio (Our band has actually two studio's):
    Sjors
    This is just plain ridiculous, man! That is some serious equipment.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information