How long was your watch held up in customs?

Thread: How long was your watch held up in customs?

How long was your watch held up in customs?

Just curious... because I've been tracking my watch from Japan and it's currently "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" according to the EMS package tracking website. I'm obviously just being impatient...I want it now!

Re: How long was your watch held up in customs?

I feel your pain, I have been staring at the following message from EMS since Friday (I know its only Monday )

Aug 21
    18:11 Arrival at inward office of exchange AMC JFK NY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

I don't remember if EMS provides any tracking info once it moves to domestic delivery (usually USPS for me) but the last watch I bought from Japan cleared very quickly and I was amazed that the watch I ordered from Japan arrived quicker then one purchased domestically.

Hope it arrives soon for you

Dave
    Dave

I've only had one EMS from Japan this year, however I never saw any delays through customs, or ever see such a message. Sorry to hear you guys are seeing delays...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My record is 6/7 weeks (!!!!) at Dutch customs. Received the watch after a full two months, which was a huge surprise because I thought it got lost in mail.

EMS tracking now says, "departure from inward office of exchange". Yay? Hopefully that means it's out in a mail carrier's truck ready to be delivered.

two watches arrived today. it probably stayed in customs for a week.

but whats funny is that when i went to claim it, the guy at the counter questioned the the two boxes in the package. he said that one was used and the other was new because it had a tag. he wanted to charge me tax for the new watch.

told him that it was an "old watch gift" as stated and naturally should not be taxed. i also did not know that two watches were sent to me.

he finally let me go. whew. such a hassle with ignorant people and for such a small amount declared. they should be looking out for illegal smugglers who bring in items in the millions.

To those of you who've received EMS packages from Japan (Chino Watch in particular): Was a signature required to get your package, or did the mail man just leave it in your mailbox/on your doorstep?

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I think Sjors has the record with something like three months. But then again I remember some members complaining about Italian or Spanish Customs - maybe even longer, six months?

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Thread Information