How many Casio's do you have?

Thread: How many Casio's do you have?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How many Casio's do you have?

For some reason I feel silly for having so many watches. My wife just doesn't get it and I am not sure if I do too. i went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a 6900, which I may take back because it doesn't impress me. Maybe because I have a Luminox 6101, Gulfman, Omega Seamaster, Pathfinder PAW-1500 and a 6600 that I am trying to find a maratac band for. Do I have too many watches because I want a few more. I can't possibly give these watches the wrist time they deserve. i forgot I have 3 Swiss Army watches, a Suunto and a Baum Mercier.
    Last edited by Faith and Grace; August 31st, 2009 at 02:58.

Re: How many Casio's do you have?

The GW-6900 is great. You didn't return that, did you?

Edit - if you ask about what's too many watches here, you'll probably get an answer around 200. Bad idea.

I like listening to music. I've been on the planet a while. Are 5,000 CDs too many? Discuss. It's what you enjoy that matters, as long as it's not to the detriment of your family and the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Maine; August 30th, 2009 at 22:56.

How many Casios ?? So far only one,but since it I'm recently storing in the bank al my expensive watches for no reason and developing a dangerous virus for the "simple man" watch,I guess this may be the beginning of the end...
    Of course,I own a lot of Timexes and a couple of Suuntos,but this Casiotis look bad...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I only have 2 old school crappy Casio's. I picked them up from Amazon. 2 for $20. Definitely not a G-Shock.
    That Ain't an Igloo, thats my Watch. That ain't snow, thats my Chain. That Ain't an ice tray, thats my teeth. That's not a snowcone, thats my ring
    - Orient Orange Mako
    - Orient "Pepsi" Mako
    - Orient Star (Rose Gold w/ power reserve)
    - Android Tattooed Banker (Yellow)
    - Movado
    - G-Shock 5600, 6900

i own 0ne......
    a g-9100....
    but i'm planning of buying another soon.....
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by Faith and Grace View Post
    For some reason I feel silly for having so many watches.
    You're in good company here. We have lots of watches...

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a 6900
    Excellent! It sounds like your on the right track...

which I may take back because it doesn't impress me. Maybe because I have a Luminox 6101, Gulfman, Omega Seamaster, Pathfinder PAW-1500.
    The reason your not impressed is you are comparing. Why compare? I have watches at all price points, some limited editions, which are very rare and extremely expensive. Yet I don't compare. I enjoy each of them for what they are, their unique styling and features. I really love my G-Shocks, they are lots of fun, very diverse, and when I scratch one I don't feel as bad as if I scratched an $8,000 watch. You wouldn't compare a Ferrari to a Toyota, and they are both cars...
    Do I have too many watches because I want a few more.
    Nope, not possible. One can never have too many. There is no law that says how much wrist time each one must get.

I say wear them and enjoy them. Visit this forum often for fun and to see what you want next. A good watch collection is the key to happiness.....

OK, now that you've heard from mr. humor, thanks for being a good sport and enjoy your watches....

(oh, and I have six G-Shocks so far in two months of collecting them. )
    Last edited by archer6; August 31st, 2009 at 01:08.

Please don't ask these sort of questions...it makes me feel bad about myself and my silly hobbies

I'l go to the corner and cry now.

Not enough.

See Signature.

If I had the dough I could easily
    multiply that number many times

As of right now 22, hopefully 23 this week when the new Riseman gets here! You can't take back the 6900, every one should have a 6900, its a must have classic! I have 3 of them!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

i have too many. they're all neat, but i 'overshot' my comfort level and am selling one a week or so for a while. (my sig is just what i wear regularly) i've read a bunch of posts on this general topic here on wus and see people content with collections from 2 to 200 large. i've also found a lot of threads about restarting or slimming down collections, often followed by expanding in a new direction. so my point is that it's personal; everyone has their own happy space, and that ideal size will probably shift over time.

[the answer at the moment is 42, incidentally]
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information