How many are "closet" forum members?

Thread: How many are "closet" forum members?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How many are "closet" forum members?

Just curious. We're obviously G-Shock enthusiast's & most people can observe the fact that we enjoy our G-shocks as we proudly wear them, but how many of you share with your friends and co-workers that you belong/participate in a G-shock forum on-line?
    Are you a "closet" forum participant?
    "Well done is better than well said." - - Benjamin Franklin

Modest Collection:

G's, GA-110C-7A (my white G for summer), GW-5525A, GW-5600J, GW-500A
    Seiko's, Kinetic (SKA259), Chrono (SNA304), & (3) Seiko 5 Automatics
    Casio (non-G), AQ-47 (My oldest, living watch)
    Timex, Expedition, Ironman

Next Watch...Mudman???

Re: How many are "closet" forum members?

I never talked about it but it's no secret either. I am still awaiting someone noticing the daily watch change.

Now, do some of you ever wear one on each arm? I try sometimes just for fun, but it's very strange to wear a watch on the right arm.

interesting question. a couple people with whom i brought up the forum were confused. they both said, 'what is there to talk about with watches?' 'so you guys talk about your watches?' now i'm less likely to mention it.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No closet here. I'm totally "out"!!

--Greg

Banned

People at work and friends know about my watch hobby and the forums I am on.

my friends think I'm nuts. not only because I spend several hundred dollars on one single watch but that i also have g-shocks.

when they see the G's they say "i thought you wore nice watches?" since they are used to me wearing swiss automatics on metal bands instead of resin band digital watches.

then i usually make up a story as to why the G is special

"well, this watch is actually a NASA issued special edition watch certified for space flight...."

or

"this is actually a certified navy SEAL watch that is only available to military personnel, but me being a watch guy, I have special connections."

Then i usually get a "oooh, thats pretty sweet then"

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by chonga View Post
    my friends think I'm nuts. not only because I spend several hundred dollars on one single watch but that i also have g-shocks.

when they see the G's they say "i thought you wore nice watches?" since they are used to me wearing swiss automatics on metal bands instead of resin band digital watches.

"well, this watch is actually a NASA issued special edition watch certified for space flight...."

or

"this is actually a certified navy SEAL watch that is only available to military personnel, but me being a watch guy, I have special connections."

hahaha
    +1 For that. My friend's think im absolutely crazy buying the "plastic watches", most of my friends just buy these 40€ quartz SS cheapies. Their faces were priceless, when i mentioned how much i paid for my GW-5000...

One time i had to use the NASA card, and they were like ""

Quote Originally Posted by chonga View Post

or

hahaha

nice!!! wearing Gs makes me feel worry free!! and one asked if someone tried to wear a watch on each wrist,, well I'm with you bro!! even tried 4 on each wrist just for the fun an weirdness of it!! hahahahaha as for the "closet" question,, I am not only fellow WUS, and unfortunately my wife knows about my addiction... :oops:

I don't hide it, but I don't really mention it. My wife has looked over my shoulder often enough to see that the screen frequently has watches on it...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

My wife just kind of shakes her head and I keep telling her it could be worse, I could be looking at all day online.

Most of the friends I have share the obsession or have come to accept the fact that I am the "watch guy". A few have been sucked in by me and now make a point of checking out what I am wearing.

I'm also 49 years old and am getting to the point that I don't really care what people think, guess I am on my way to being a crotchety old man

Great topic btw

Dave
    Dave

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information