How many times per day to you look at your watch?

Thread: How many times per day to you look at your watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How many times per day to you look at your watch?

It's funny, everyone here knows that I already ordered a new frog. But than I started thinking about that moon and tide graph... it's not that it's anoying but I do look at my watch quite a bit... do I really want to see that info a lot of times per day...

Well, wait a minute... how many times per day to I actually look at my watch?

So I woke up yestarday (6 AM - 3 kids = 3 early morning alarms even on the weekend) and I started counting... it turns out that between 6 AM and 11 PM I looked at the watch 71 times or about 4 times per hour...

Is this a bit excessive?

How many times per day do you look at your watch? Anyone out there in a mood to count?

And now I have a dillema... as much as I don't mind moon and tidegraph do I REALLY want that info 71 times per day?

Maby I should cancel Frog and order GW-5000 at least that gives me info that I can use 71 times per day as I can really NEVER remember the day / date and I ALWAYS loose track of current time...

Any takers on this?
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Re: How many times per day to you look at your watch?

I havent counted but I would guess about a quadrillion. LOL

Im not sure if you saw my post the other day about signing performance reviews at work. I have 17 employees and I was signing their forms. I swear to you, I looked at the date on my watch every time.

Its kind of a habit thing obviously. But it got kind of funny after about 10 LOL. So either I like looking at my watches and much of that is habit. Or I have the worst IMMEDIATE memory of all time.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    I havent counted but I would guess about a quadrillion. LOL

Im not sure if you saw my post the other day about signing performance reviews at work. I have 17 employees and I was signing their forms. I swear to you, I looked at the date on my watch every time.

Its kind of a habit thing obviously. But it got kind of funny after about 10 LOL. So either I like looking at my watches and much of that is habit. Or I have the worst IMMEDIATE memory of all time.
    If I'm close to my computer I got into habit of floating my mouse around current time just to see the date... I work in IT and date and day is used in every single log that you can think of... and I STILL can NEVER remember the day date and time...

As you said I think it's habit more than anything. My bran got trained that day / date and time is always avaliable at wrist so it just doesn't keep info about current day / date time...

But I did giggle... you post reminded me of caracter called "10 second Tom" from move 50 first dates... this is when doctor introduces all the main characters to this guy and by the time he goes to 5th peson in a group he forgets about the first peson and had to be introduced again... quite funny...

Cheers

P.S.

Speaking of mental conditions... here is one "mental hospital joke"...

A doctor saw a patient pulling a rope behind him. So he asks "why are you pulling that rope"... and patient responds "I tried pushing but it didn't work..."
    Last edited by duke4c; September 18th, 2009 at 14:30.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gazilion of times. When I have my digitals maybe just a couple of milion of times,but when I wear one of my pricier autos really gazilion of times. Now I hate that,really,it's time and energy consuming for me and worst of all one of my employees noticed that a month ago,that's why I use my digital 99 % of the time now....waaaaay more relaxing..

I don't keep count of how many times a day I look at my watch.

But 90% of that, I don't even pay attention to what time it is. Go figure.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Many, many times. Partly because I need regular reminding, partly because I try to be conscious of how much time I'm spending on a particular task, and partly because I'm generally wearing a watch I enjoy admiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I don't keep count of how many times a day I look at my watch.

But 90% of that, I don't even pay attention to what time it is. Go figure.
    Very true; I find that especially when wearing an analogue watch. But you don't normally look at the time because you're interested in the time, but because you want to know whether it is or isn't time to do whatever it is you're doing next.

And of course the other 90% of times you're just admiring your watch, or maybe considering what you should replace/supplement it with
    'I never done it'

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
    i don't keep count of how many times a day i look at my watch.

But 90% of that, i don't even pay attention to what time it is. Go figure.
    +1

Hi,
    I think maybe 3-4 times an hour, when I got a new watch it's probably more. 4 times per hour add up to between 64 and 72 times per day - depending on how much sleep I get .

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; September 18th, 2009 at 16:03. Reason: typo
    Cheers
    Sedi

Way too many I drive to appointments all day and am allways checking the time to see if traffic has me running late or if I have time to stop for mother nature at home I dont check as often.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information