WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How many of us are hoping for a G for xmas? :)

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  David S 
#1 ·
...Or planning to give one as a gift? Quite a lot I should think lol.

The last woman I was with hated g-shocks(!?), so I will miss the pleasure of giving her one this year and insiting she wear it ;-)

I do however have a lot younger than me sister in big school now I am planning to get a baby G for. Im very excited about it. She agrees with me having a robust watch, with alarms, a stopwatch and being waterproof is very useful at school.

So, what about yourself, what are you buying or hoping to recieve this xmas?

(Oh&Santa, if you reading this Ill have another Riseman, MIMB, MIRO or Vintage please)

#3 ·
Hm, I'd appreciate a GW-9100 Gulfman or a G-2310 under the tree, but it's not like I'd seriously pursue either. Truth be told, I haven't exactly been drooling after any new Gs lately.

I'm trying to imagine what it would feel like to receive a DW-5600E, but I guess I've already been spoiled by the huge digits on my GW5600J. :-d

#4 ·
The only way to have a G for Christmas is when I buy it myself and then give it to my girlfriend so she can give it to me :-d. I did this on my birthday - bought a G-8000-4 (the glossy orange one) and then a few minutes before midnight I gave it to my girlfriend so she could give it back to me :-d:
'Oh darling - a watch for my birthday - how thoughtful of you!' :-d:-d

Greetings, Sedi :)

#5 ·
I'm giving 2 Baby G's for Christmas to our neighborhoods adopted family. They range in age 15- 4. 7 kids & 2 adults. The 5 youngest are to little for watches right now.

Wife said maybe to a new DW-6900 Mr. Cartoon.:roll: When I see it I'll beleive it..

Hope all of you on WUS have a safe & happy holiday.

#6 ·
I received mine already...well I bought it for myself for Xmas...an MTG1500. I probably won't buy my wife another baby G...I bought her a BG1500 as her 2nd gshock on her last birthday and she never wears it. She still wears the first BG2200 I gave her last year though.

#10 ·
Well dont give up on her just yeat!:-d

What was the color of that BG-2200 and the BG-1500?

Perhaps she prefer the coloring on the BG-2200 or perhaps its the squarish shape?

If it is the square she prefers, then there is other Baby G models in that form factor.

Perhaps she would like this all red BG-810-4B model:

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t145384206

Thats a special Christmas collection release. I think it looks great and its just so RED!:-!

#7 ·
I know I'm getting a watch and I already know it won't be a G... my significant other wants me to switch to something more "dressy"... LOL... that's what happens when you get into habit of wearing multiband frog daily with suite (but no tie)... told her I want diver with swiss auto movement... she gave me a look and said "you want fries with that?"... :-d

Aaaaaaaa.... women will never get it... ;-):-d

#11 ·
Well Ive bought myself three Gs in the past two monthes,,,so I wont be getting one for christmas.But I bought my 69 year old dad a DW69001v for christmas.It will be his third G..He has a GW300 and a GW90001v.He never takes off his GW90001v.He works in it,sleeps in it ,showers in it.He says its the best watch he has ever had.:-!

#17 ·
I'm always hoping for a G - but my wife already thinks I have too many :-(

#21 ·
...Or planning to give one as a gift? Quite a lot I should think lol.

The last woman I was with hated g-shocks(!?), so I will miss the pleasure of giving her one this year and insiting she wear it ;-)

I do however have a lot younger than me sister in big school now I am planning to get a baby G for. Im very excited about it. She agrees with me having a robust watch, with alarms, a stopwatch and being waterproof is very useful at school.

So, what about yourself, what are you buying or hoping to recieve this xmas?

(Oh&Santa, if you reading this Ill have another Riseman, MIMB, MIRO or Vintage please)
Dude you dated a chic that hated G's...probably never make that mistake again huh? ;-)

#24 ·
Nope. I'm too specific about what I want, so unless I specify the exact model it's probably going to be a disappointment. And I'd feel bad about flipping a present.

If my wife uses her imagination and has a completely free reign she always gets me great presents, but when you try and steer someone towards a certain gift I find that you tend to end up with something which is a compromise between what you actually want and what they think you want.

Might just buy myself something in the new year though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.