How much (£) should I pay for a GWM5600?

Thread: How much (£) should I pay for a GWM5600?

How much (£) should I pay for a GWM5600?

I live in the UK and the cheapest I've found the GW5610, which was released in June I think, is for £77/$125 on Amazon.co.uk.

On eBay I found a GW5600, perfect condition, but two years old (rarely worn) which is ending tomorrow with no bids and a starting price of £40/$65.

I'm 15 and I've never bought a watch before; would buying the used watch be a good deal? I've heard aside from the strap (5 vs. 6) there's little difference between the two models.

Considering there's no bids with only 22 hours to go I'm thinking of maybe messaging him and offering £32/$52 instead.

Thanks for the help.

Re: How much (£) should I pay for a GWM5600?

I bought my GW-M5600 for £64 earlier this year. I then sold it about a month ago for £65.
    IMO, if the watch is in good condition £40 is a great price.

I wasn't aware however that the strap was different between the '5600' and '5610'. From what I can remember the '5600' had a 5 sec countdown to the stopwatch, and also had a dash instead of a dot to separate the day and month. Oh, and UTC was also available in the World Time function.

£40 is a good price if condition is good, there's a good chance it will go for a bit more imo but maybe people aren't buying for themselves with Xmas round the corner?

It is a cracking watch and a great choice for your first one. Good luck, let us know if you win it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rule them all View Post
    I live in the UK and the cheapest I've found the GW5610, which was released in June I think, is for £77/$125 on Amazon.co.uk.

On eBay I found a GW5600, perfect condition, but two years old (rarely worn) which is ending tomorrow with no bids and a starting price of £40/$65.

I'm 15 and I've never bought a watch before; would buying the used watch be a good deal? I've heard aside from the strap (5 vs. 6) there's little difference between the two models.

Considering there's no bids with only 22 hours to go I'm thinking of maybe messaging him and offering £32/$52 instead.

Thanks for the help.
    That £77.99 GW-M5610 on Amazon is very good as it includes postage. 5610s have been over £100 for quite a time on Amazon and dropped to the upper £80s a few weeks ago.

I tracked a few used GW-M5600s a few weeks ago on eBay UK and they were finishing around £70 which is over the top. By all means have a bid at the one eBay but don't go over £50. I bought a used one on the T-Z UK forum around that time for £50 and would think that's the point to be looking at.

Argos had some of the last new GW-M5600s in the UK about eighteen months ago at £47 and these went very quickly, since when people had been asking more for s/hand examples, but I would think, not getting it.

Ideally, if you do buy a used 5600, it should have the packaging (tin, papers) and they are excellent devices.

However, given the proximity of Christmas, if I were you I'd be inclined to try to wangle a few quid out of your gran and buy the 5610 on Amazon, 'cos I don't think they'll go much lower until a replacement is imminent. Keep the packaging and you should be able to get £50 for it in a couple of years.

I bought a new 5600 (atomic, solar) from Tiktox in UK two years ago with the composite bracelet on special offer at about £100, then bought a resin strap for it and had problems locating the strap on to the watch properly, so sold it.

A few months ago Amazon had a double discount deal and I bought a 5610 with the bracelet and negative display for £100 instead of about £180. However as an OAP I couldn't read the display (also my wife told me to act my age ) so I sent it back.

But I couldn't resist having a 'normal' display version of a 5600 or 5610 and bought the s/hand 5600 I am wearing as I write. They are both future classics and you can't go wrong.
    Hope this helps.
    Graham
    ps re the straps -I think both types have identical straps, although some people fit the GW-5000 straps as they are softer to wear and cost about £15 in UK
    pps re making an offer, I doubt he'd take it as he's over-valuing it by the the looks of the £40 start price
    Last edited by sondar; December 15th, 2012 at 17:26.

the m5610 is worth it over the 5600, the digits are better. It will be more expensive but I recommend the 5610.

I just realised, the m5600 that's on eBay for £42 doesn't have any of it's original packaging. And you're right, he probably wouldn't accept an offer. Anybody who puts a starting price of £42 on their item is either ambitious, overvalues their items or is a fool.

So, m5600 without any boxing for £42
    OR m5610 brand new with everything for £77.

Well I'll be forced to decide when the auction ends in 16 hours, and I'll post with what I got :D.

Paid £55 inc. P&P in the end. Got a different one, perfect condition and comes with box ect.

Not sure whether it was a good deal, but it certainly is good enough for me.

lvt

If you can find any atomic G for less than $100 I'd say it's good deal
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thread Information