How my RAF made another G-Shock sale
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How my RAF made another G-Shock sale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I went out tonight with a few friends to an opening of a restaurant at a new mall. The numbers that turned up was a surprise to the owners and their kitchen couldn't quite keep up. Feeling hungry, a small group of us slipped off to another restaurant. The entire time this guy kept staring at the RAF on my wrist. I mean, you can only tilt your head at someone else's wrist so many times and not get noticed.

Finally he just had to ask. It was a G-Shock he had never seen. He was wearing the vanilla GA-100. So I took it off to let him have a look and I could see it in his eyes. He was in love. He seemed heartbroken when he had to hand it back to me. He looked even more lost when I explained it was a limited edition that would be a bit tricky to get hold of now. Looking dejected he got up and left the table. I though he was going to the men's room (to sob or something!) but he announced he was going to the G-Factory on the other end of the floor. He sauntered off rather coolly, ignoring the laser intense eyes of his wife burning holes into his back. This was in the middle of our dinner...

A short while later he came back saying that he thought he saw a similar watch. We finished our meal and paid the bill. Then he asked me if I would go over to the G-Factory with him. He had been patiently waiting for everyone to finish (while avoiding his wife's gaze). Of course, I complied. I never say no to looking at G-Shocks.

And there it was. They had the vanilla GW-A1000, plus the blue one and the regular on bracelet also. We got it out of the display case and just moments later:

Name:  20121210_221031.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  117.7 KB

We have another GW-A1000 owner ...and the sales assistant didn't have to say a word to make the sale. Must say I admire this friend for being quick with decisions. I don't know if his wife is making him sleep on the floor tonight but at least he'll be happy with what's on his wrist.

BTW here is a display at the G-Factory... notice that infuriating sign right in the middle?

Name:  20121210_220209.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  123.3 KB

I have received more admiring looks and compliments for my RAF than any other G-Shock. Makes me glad I have it.

Oh, my second most complimented is the Black x Gold 9300 Muddie... Thanks for reading.

Re: How my RAF made another G-Shock sale

amazing story! Love that picture! we have large selections here but not with rare items like that!! How are the prices on the Hyper GA110s?

Nice story! I think I never made anyone buy a G (not in real life anyway ) but my stepdaughter just bought a LA670WEGA .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yes, how are the prices with those Hyper Color Series, who cares about the Eric Haze

LOLz

Yes yes and yes... there are about 13 I'd like to get there thanks... Oops, for display only you mean?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

LUW

Ha! Cool story!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I love reading stories like this :) I hope things will work out well for your friend!

---

cool story,.love my raf also ,as i said b4 imo the raf is best g-shock so far Name:  20121114_030302.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  307.6 KB

I bet that Dee & Ricky x G-Shock in the display is being sold for a pretty penny (if it's on sale at all)!
    Watchshock Collection (minus a few models that are missing from the website):
    http://watchshock.com/collection/3498/

Good story. I have to say though, your friend is kind of disrespectful to his wife. Wouldn't it have been just as good to go to the G-factory after dinner?
    -Jeremy
    6-3/4" (171 mm) wrist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information