How often does Casio produce limited edition Gs?

Thread: How often does Casio produce limited edition Gs?

How often does Casio produce limited edition Gs?

Do they do this every year or is it something because of the 25th anniversary?

Re: How often does Casio produce limited edition Gs?

I think they make about as many limited / special editions that they think will sell

there are many more special editions than the 25 anniv. they have the surfing editions. icerc men in resque orange, and ice white just to name 4. I will have to look at the g shock bible to find others.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Almost all G-Shocks produced are limited edition - the exact same model won't be on sale for ever. The DB, MB, RW, GG, OG, MIRO seem to have come out every 3-4 months. But as Jersterca said, as many as Casio think they can sell.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It can seem like there's a limited edition every week. Casio may in fact draw more profit from the LEs than the standard models.

Personally, I've always found this kind of marketing a turn-off, so prefer the standard versions.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

This year they have introduced way too many
    not enough money to buy all

Casio has increased the nuber of limited editions lately due to the 25'th anniversary. In average they have released 6 new G-Shock models/color combos each month for the past 2 years meaning a total of 144 new G's in just 2007 and 2008. The majority of those have been limited editions.

Its insane but I like it...

I think we as G-Shockers now are living in good times again that makes us feel just like we did in the G-Shock craze in the mid to late 90's known as the golden era of the G. The crysis years of the G was in 2001-2004 when things where looking bad and only few good ones came out...

But now it has gradualy improved since 2005 and things really took of in spring 2006 when the new Master Of G series started with the Mudman.

Its been Christmas ever since....
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Personally, I've always found this kind of marketing a turn-off, so prefer the standard versions.
    I agree. If everything is special then nothing is special.

I never go for special editions. I don't believe in paying extra for a different COLOR. Some of the special edition Gulfman and Mudman are so ridiculously overpriced compared to the regular versions.

The only thing I wish for is a regular edition Frogman. Why does every [expletive deleted] Frogman have to be limited???
    Last edited by tribe125; September 30th, 2008 at 18:46. Reason: expletive - albeit with asterisks

Oh and it's not only because of the 25th anniversary that there are limited editions.

Even dolphins, whales, sharks, surfers, cars, bikes can be themes. Hell, they can even make a different color and call it limited editions. Just look at those new orange ones as an example. And they are going to be so overpriced.

Come on, how much does it cost to paint it orange instead of black? It's not like it's a specially customized Harley bike which requires special workmanship and superb paint job skills!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    Oh and it's not only because of the 25th anniversary that there are limited editions.

Even dolphins, whales, sharks, surfers, cars, bikes can be themes. Hell, they can even make a different color and call it limited editions. Just look at those new orange ones as an example. And they are going to be so overpriced.

Come on, how much does it cost to paint it orange instead of black? It's not like it's a specially customized Harley bike which requires special workmanship and superb paint job skills!!

Its a supply and demand world so if something is available in low quantitys its going to be more expensive. Products are not always priced according to manufacturing costs. Also prices for the same model might differ due to market availability for instance a European only model or Japanese only model will be more valuable in the US because it is more exclusive over there then.

I think Casio are doing the right thing with all the limited model series. By producing alot of different models they scatter the G-Shock users so that one single model never becomes over exploited. They help us create a collectors market where some models will be hard to find after a while.

So financially it might not be very sound initially to invest in a limited model. But in the long run it is not so stupid. Just look at the TC Gulfman released in 2007. At one time they where flooding e-bay and went as low as $60 in value but now is up to $150-$200 in value. So who knows what a MIRO Riseman will be worth in 2-3 years perhaps over $400 or more...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thread Information