How old are my watches?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kashio

Thread: How old are my watches?

How old are my watches?

Hello,
    I'm trying to find out wich one of my watches is the oldest. Does anyone know the date of introduction of these watches?
    It's about the WV-M120DJ-7JF and the WV-300DE-7BER.
    Thank you!

Name:  WV-M120DJ-7JF.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  122.3 KBName:  WV-300DE-7BER.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  20.3 KB
    kandyredcoi likes this.

lvt

Re: How old are my watches?

Casio's Tough Solar watches have been around since 2001/2002.

But AFAIK the Wave Ceptor are released first in 2006.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Casio's Tough Solar watches have been around since 2001/2002.

But AFAIK the Wave Ceptor are released first in 2006.
    I read here that Casio's first Atomic watch went to the market in 2000. It was the GW-100.
    I found this info here:
    Atomic Watch | Unique Watch Guide

Isn' t there a Casio model database?
    Last edited by Kashio; November 16th, 2012 at 21:20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How old are my watches?

Tough Solar is around since 1998, Waveceptor since 2000 and combined I think it was 2003 (search GPS for GW-300).

Your watches look pretty recent. The Multiband 5 can't be too old. That technology dates from 2006. The other one might be older, but I swear I saw this model, or one looking very close to this one, in a recent line-up.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Tough Solar is around since 1998, Waveceptor since 2000 and combined I think it was 2003 (search GPS for GW-300).

Your watches look pretty recent. The Multiband 5 can't be too old. That technology dates from 2006. The other one might be older, but I swear I saw this model, or one looking very close to this one, in a recent line-up.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    Thank you!
    So Wave Ceptor might be something like multiband 4 or 3?

If it does not say Multiband, it can be 1 or two band (actually one of the Japanese transmitters uses the same frequency as the US transmitter). European models can be 1 or 2 band. First models could only receive Mainflingen. UK and later models received Rugby/Anthorn (The Rugby transmitter has moved to Anthorn). Japanese models were 2 band (40 and 60 kHz). As the US transmitter also broadcasts at 60 MHz, it was not difficult to implement the transmitter code into the JP models. The Rugby transmitter was also 60 KHz, but wasn't up I guess when the first Waveceptor models were available.

BTW, I see you are from my country. Check Kaliber 2010. There is an exclusive G-Shock party (Ace x 8). If you are quick, you might be able to get in. You might be able to have an off-line chat with me too

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    If it does not say Multiband, it can be 1 or two band (actually one of the Japanese transmitters uses the same frequency as the US transmitter). European models can be 1 or 2 band. First models could only receive Mainflingen. UK and later models received Rugby/Anthorn (The Rugby transmitter has moved to Anthorn). Japanese models were 2 band (40 and 60 kHz). As the US transmitter also broadcasts at 60 MHz, it was not difficult to implement the transmitter code into the JP models. The Rugby transmitter was also 60 KHz, but wasn't up I guess when the first Waveceptor models were available.

BTW, I see you are from my country. Check Kaliber 2010. There is an exclusive G-Shock party (Ace x 8). If you are quick, you might be able to get in. You might be able to have an off-line chat with me too

Cheers,

Sjors
    Thanx for your reply and also for the tip on the G-Shock party. I send you a PM, so I certainly hope to hear from you.

Thread Information