How to preorder a limited edition "Rainbow" and how limited is it? MTGB1000RB-2A
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: How to preorder a limited edition "Rainbow" and how limited is it? MTGB1000RB-2A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to preorder a limited edition "Rainbow" and how limited is it? MTGB1000RB-2A

Does anybody know how limited the MTGB1000RB-2A "Rainbow" will be?

What's the best way to preorder it? Apparently it will be released for sale in June.

What are your thoughts about this as an investment?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.27.51 AM.png
Views: 336
Size:  1.45 MB

CC

Re: How to preorder a limited edition "Rainbow" and how limited is it? MTGB1000RB-2A

Don't invest in G-Shocks, unless you find a GREAT discount.
    Even the yearly numbered, 350 I think, MRG special editions plummet in value.

No one knows how many 'Limited Edition' models are produced unless Casio put a number to it.
    Which isn't the case for this model.

Your geographical location might help with hunting one down.
    I can pre-order now in Europe.

Re: How to preorder a limited edition "Rainbow" and how limited is it? MTGB1000RB-2A

Quote Originally Posted by cryptoconniption View Post

What's the best way to preorder it? Apparently it will be released for sale in June.

Don't know, but I'd find a nice AD you trust like Topper and pre-order through them if you really want it - I suspect (and purely speculation with no background to trust) these won't be that limited and prices will come down in Aug / Sep.

As for an investment ... never, ever under under any circumstances ever look at luxury goods (or any consumer goods) as an "investment". Investments generate steady wealth, whereas consumer goods rely on unpredictable market speculation. Can it work? Sure, but market speculation is gambling so only do it if all of your other investments are throwing off so much money that you could never hope to spend it all and thus you have spare money to gamble with.

There's only one legit smart reason to use a watch financially: as insurance. For example if your watch is a Rolex, you're walking around with ~$15k on your wrist that's highly likely to be easily convertible to cash, even in a recession. So if you had to get out of dodge fast and had no access to your other funds, all you need is a passport, a plane ticket, and a Rolex; and you've got a enough walking around cash when you're back on the ground until you can figure things out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CC

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    There's only one legit smart reason to use a watch financially: as insurance. For example if your watch is a Rolex, you're walking around with ~$15k on your wrist that's highly likely to be easily convertible to cash, even in a recession. So if you had to get out of dodge fast and had no access to your other funds, all you need is a passport, a plane ticket, and a Rolex; and you've got a enough walking around cash when you're back on the ground until you can figure things out.
    Part of the reason I've had a thick gold chain around my neck for the past 30 years.
    Luckily never needed to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Even the yearly numbered, 350 I think, MRG special editions plummet in value.
    I'd love to find a MRG-G2000HA for under RRP, even used, but no avail...

But I think the only time you can guaranteed to make money is to buy numbered watches, for under RRP, then later sell it for RRP or a little more.

For my GMW-B5000TFC, I had an offer for 3x the price I paid for mine, and same with my DW-5635-9, someone would pay me 3x more than I paid for the watch.

Ultimately, you can make money from G-Shocks, but you need to understand the market, the prices and supply vs demand.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by Charles89 View Post
    I'd love to find a MRG-G2000HA for under RRP, even used, but no avail...

But I think the only time you can guaranteed to make money is to buy numbered watches, for under RRP, then later sell it for RRP or a little more.

For my GMW-B5000TFC, I had an offer for 3x the price I paid for mine, and same with my DW-5635-9, someone would pay me 3x more than I paid for the watch.

Ultimately, you can make money from G-Shocks, but you need to understand the market, the prices and supply vs demand.
    Yup. The odd limited edition, like the Porter, will rise in value but that's quite rare.

I could get a Hamner Tone MR-G for 30% off retail, it tempts me every day.
    The HA was also available at 30% discount but that sold (I didn't really like that model).

Most of my collection was funded by flipping watches, I'm not a rich man, but I keep my eye out for discounted watches eBayers will buy.

Casio ADs can offer huge discounts with the markup they achieve.

Don't know, but I'd find a nice AD you trust like Topper and pre-order through them if you really want it - I suspect (and purely speculation with no background to trust) these won't be that limited and prices will come down in Aug / Sep.

As for an investment ... never, ever under under any circumstances ever look at luxury goods (or any consumer goods) as an "investment". Investments generate steady wealth, whereas consumer goods rely on unpredictable market speculation. Can it work? Sure, but market speculation is gambling so only do it if all of your other investments are throwing off so much money that you could never hope to spend it all and thus you have spare money to gamble with.

He has risen from the mist.

When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Possibly the most gangster thing I've ever heard, that 100% made sense too.

GrussGott likes this.

I think you need to place the order through one of these:

"Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by cryptoconniption View Post

Not sure about your first question. As to pre-order, you could contact A/Ds, or Japanese sellers like SeiyaJapan, Sakura watches, etc., or keep an eye out on Rakuten. Some sellers there will let you pre-order a watch they'll be getting, often at a slight discount.

IMO, forget about buying any g-shock as an investment. The rare opportunity is sometimes there to make money off of a specific model, but one cannot always predict that in advance. As someone else said, doing this is more akin to gambling than investing. You're better off looking at it that way.

My two cents - there are no "guaranteed" money-makers with regard to re-selling watches. It ALL depends on the demand for that specific model, which typically cannot be predicted accurately. I've had more than one G that I thought would command a high price and sell easily....only to find out that was not the case. If it's an investment that you want, look elsewhere.
    kubr1ck likes this.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GWR-B1000X-1A, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000V-1, GMW-B5000G-1, GWF-D1000MB-3JF, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GW-B5600BC-1B, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information