Hi fellow G-shock fans! :)
I want to share with you all about my day so far. My yellow Raysman Just arrived! When it arrived it was in excellent condition, with all buttons intact and g-shock packaging. Everything worked fine. I've read a few posts here about Raysman owners experiencing resin rot in the past, so I was pretty nervous about handling it. After wiping it down with a damp cloth, eveything was still okay, and I was pretty happy.
After lunch, I don't know why but I spontaneously decided to rinse my Raysman with water. Sure enough, after that when I used the light button I heard a crack sound. The G button now looked like an O button I tested the mode button, and it broke as well.
I let the watch dry completly for a few hours, and it seems that once the watch is dry it becomes less brittle! I think this might be because the resin must have dried up, and when exposed to water it decomposes. So lesson of the day: If you suspect a g-shock has resin rot, DO NOT PRESS IT WHEN IT'S WET! Wait for it to be completely dry, and it might survive! While I'm not sure if this is the same for all cases, but better safe than sorry right? :)
Thanks for reading!