How to remove the buckle from the G-9100?

Thread: How to remove the buckle from the G-9100?

How to remove the buckle from the G-9100?

Does anybody know how to remove the buckle from the Gulfman?

On all other Casios I have the buckle is held in place by an easy-to-remove spring bar but not on the Gulfmans, and it is not screwed in either.

Re: How to remove the buckle from the G-9100?

You are absolutely right. It seems fixed to me. I don't think you can take it off without breaking it. Unless someone else know a way...

lvt

Maybe the spring bar is stuck ?

I have a Casio with fixed spring bar but the buckle is plastic, I don't know if they decided to go further and use a fixed spring bar with a metal buckle ?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some buckles are a pain... I take a pair of needle nose pliers and insert them in the hole of the buckle. Then I take one of the pliers handles in one hand and one in the other and pull them apart slowly. The buckle opens up without damaging it.

Putting it back on is harder. I put the pliers on the floor and hold one of the handles down with my foot. I put the buckle in and pull up on the other side of the pliers handles with one hand while using the other to position the pin. When it is in place, I release the hold.

It takes some getting used to. Of course, it is much easier if you have a vise.

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Maybe the spring bar is stuck?
    I have more than one Gulfman and they are all the same. Instead of a little pinhole on the outside to push the spring bar in, there is a large hole but the bar head is not a screw head either. And trying to pull the bar in from the inside does not work either

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAnts View Post
    I have more than one Gulfman and they are all the same. Instead of a little pinhole on the outside to push the spring bar in, there is a large hole but the bar head is not a screw head either. And trying to pull the bar in from the inside does not work either
    It seems like Caio won't let you change the buckle on your Gulfman unless you force it.

A possible explanation is that the one-piece spring bar is much cheaper to make (no assembling line required) and it's stronger, it may last forever as there is nothing to break.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Maybe it's a pin instead of a spring bar ? I'm planning to replace the buckle of my Gulfman with a black one from a DW-6900MS spare band set I've just ordered ; I'll let you know if I succeed !

Quote Originally Posted by DjiPi View Post
    I'm planning to replace the buckle of my Gulfman with a black one from a DW-6900MS spare band set I've just ordered ; I'll let you know if I succeed !
    That is exactly what I was trying I replaced the bezel of the G-9100-1 with the one from a GW-9100-1 to get rid of the red and I wanted a black buckle to match the all-black-with-grey-letters new look.

If I cannot remove the original buckle I'll probably cut it and replace it with a black Panerai or Hirsch buckle. But first I will have to order these buckles and check for compatibility ...

It is a push fit pin that is used to secure buckle to strap and not a spring bar.Pliers method mentioned above is a good rough and ready method to release buckle from strap.Good idea to have 2 people for the operation - one on the pliers to gently prise the buckle ends apart c.1.5mm and the second to knock the pin from its housing using handle end of dinner service knife,spoon or fork.

Thread Information