How to remove lettering on the band of my GWF1000?

Thread: How to remove lettering on the band of my GWF1000?

Question How to remove lettering on the band of my GWF1000?

I remember seeing a how-to removing the lettering but I can't seem to find it upon extensive searching.

Does anyone know the best way to get this done?

Thanks

Re: How to remove lettering on the band of my GWF1000?

The process for doing this can be found here...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...rs-544648.html

You need to post before & after pics though!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Letters on bands are pretty much there to stay. I've tried everything to remove them: alcohol, lighter fluid, acetone, and even automobile paint stripper. Nothing seems to take it off. If anyone has found a way, please post it.

Letters on bezels, on the other hand, are easy to remove with goof off or acetone
    Last edited by kung-fusion; December 4th, 2011 at 18:30.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I removed an advertising logo a few years back off a resin band. Admittedly it wasn't a G Shock, but it came off after wiping with white spiritis. Maybe it wasn't as well put on as a Casio...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Am I the only one who wants to know why you would want to change a 1000series Frogman in the first place?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I removed an advertising logo a few years back off a resin band. Admittedly it wasn't a G Shock, but it came off after wiping with white spiritis. Maybe it wasn't as well put on as a Casio...
    What are white spirits? Is that like paint thinner? Acetone?

Quote Originally Posted by desire68 View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to know why you would want to change a 1000series Frogman in the first place?
    Mike
    I have a few extra bands so I'm going to experiment a bit.

You know, I've never thought about what 'white spirits' were before. Since a kid working on hobby projects, I've always popped into a DIY store and picked a bottle up. The botttle is actually labelled 'white spirit'.

It's obviously a culture thing between UK & USA, so here is the link to Wikepedia on White Spirit - I have no idea what the equivelent USA product would be called, but here it's as cheap as chips. 500ml cost under £1...

White spirit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Letters on bands are pretty much there to stay. I've tried everything to remove them: alcohol, lighter fluid, acetone, and even automobile paint stripper. Nothing seems to take it off. If anyone has found a way, please post it.
    Just bumping this thread, is it likely I could remove the Tough Solar lettering from this strap, or better not to try? I don't want to damage the yellow resin, which is really nice. If I could remove the lettering the strap would be right for the module, I'd have a G-7900A-9ER.

Name:  tough_solar_strap.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  91.3 KB

Thread Information