How to test a prw2500? And do you have extra links?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TixTox
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: How to test a prw2500? And do you have extra links?

How to test a prw2500? And do you have extra links?

Hi, not a gshock question but didn't know where else to put. So, hello and sorry!

I've got a prw2500t incoming that's used but supposedly just a store return. Does anyone know how i'd check to see if all the sensors are working properly?

And it supposedly has all the original links but i'm a little dubious. Might anyone have spare links to offer if it doesn't fit?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Re: How to test a prw2500? And do you have extra links?

Quote Originally Posted by teatimecrumpet View Post
    Hi, not a gshock question but didn't know where else to put. So, hello and sorry!

I've got a prw2500t incoming that's used but supposedly just a store return. Does anyone know how i'd check to see if all the sensors are working properly?

And it supposedly has all the original links but i'm a little dubious. Might anyone have spare links to offer if it doesn't fit?

Thanks!

There is a Digital and ABC watch forum here.

Testing is easy, you push the ABC buttons, if they give you readings it's working.

If you get an ERR rather than a reading you have a problem.
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

If nobody here has any spare links, it's a fairly recent model -- where do you live?

If you're in the US, PacParts has them: Casio PRW2500T-7 Parts and Accessories

If you're in the UK or Europe, try Tiktox.com instead -- even if it's not on their website (and I haven't checked) they can get anything from Casio that PacParts can!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TixTox View Post
    There is a Digital and ABC watch forum here.

Testing is easy, you push the ABC buttons, if they give you readings it's working.

If you get an ERR rather than a reading you have a problem.
    Thanks tixtox, think i should have said "test its accuracy" or rather if i see a reading should i assume it's all good. Never owned an abc watch before.

Mods: please move my thread to digital/abc forum. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    If nobody here has any spare links, it's a fairly recent model -- where do you live?

If you're in the US, PacParts has them: Casio PRW2500T-7 Parts and Accessories

If you're in the UK or Europe, try Tiktox.com instead -- even if it's not on their website (and I haven't checked) they can get anything from Casio that PacParts can!
    Thanks mike, i emailed pacparts and they said they're out of stock and wanted to see if i could get them cheaper. They are fairly expensive considering if i had to get a couple i might as well have just bought the whole watch new. Thanks

Thanks tixtox, think i should have said "test its accuracy" or rather if i see a reading should i assume it's all good. Never owned an abc watch before.

Mods: please move my thread to digital/abc forum. Thanks

It you get a reading it is as accurate as it can be.

As a first time ABC watch owner you have a lot to learn and understand.

If you are thinking as I did before I owned one ( I own 4 now) that you just push a button and get an accurate and exact altimeter and barometer reading you are as mistaken as I was.

These watches use pressure to give the altimeter and barometer readings but they lack the ability to convert between local and MSL (mean sea level) pressure. So you must adjust them to be correct.

Even after you adjust them you still need to readjust them often.

Let's say you adjust the altimeter right now for where you are, say 1000 feet. Tomorrow morning the barometric pressure has lowered so your altimeter will show a higher altitude because the pressure has dropped as it would if you gained altitude.

I suggest that you spend some time reading the manual and the ABC forum that is loaded with info about these watches.

I don't worry about what number the barometer says, I only care to see if it is on the rise or dropping.

Just remember that as the barometric pressure changes it effects the altimeter reading. So I adjust mine to known altitudes such as my house is at 1200 feet. If you plan on using it and need semi accurate readings you need to update the altitude from time to time from topo maps, your auto GPS or signs along the road or trail.

It is not just a case of being accurate.

The compass can be calibrated if needed.
    Last edited by TixTox; December 1st, 2014 at 03:16.
    teatimecrumpet likes this.
    “Time is an illusion.” ― Albert Einstein

Thanks mike, i emailed pacparts and they said they're out of stock and wanted to see if i could get them cheaper.
    PacParts is almost always "out of stock" on all but their most high-volume items. They don't seem to want to gamble on investing in parts that may or may not sell (and who can blame them?) so the usual process is "we order parts that are out of stock, they put in an order with Casio once or twice a week, they get the parts in a week or two, and then we get the parts a week after that."
    teatimecrumpet likes this.

Thread Information