The Humble DW-5600E

Thread: The Humble DW-5600E

The Humble DW-5600E

My "nearly-new" DW-5600E arrived today!

It is MUCH nicer than I had expected - let me tell you this is one damn well put together watch that need not hide behind behind any other G.

The soba noodles in the photo are there for a reason: As the keeper on the strap was missing, I used the ribbon on a bundle of those noodles to fashion a new keeper. Reef knot, trim to size, works great.

I can imagine that on many days, this will be all the watch I need.

At the prices these are going for at the moment, even brand new, it is practically a free watch. Maybe that might get one or two G-novices, intimidated by the omnipresent rare G's on the forum, thinking. I cannot imagine anyone regretting getting hold of this particular model.

I remember Ozzie asking recently for pics of "bread and butter" G's.
    As a near approximation, here a photo of my "Soba-G"! Like it?

Kevin

Last edited by bughammer; March 9th, 2006 at 22:03.

Re: The Humble DW-5600E

that's a beautiful picture of a beautiful watch. i got mine just the other day. it's my first g-shock, and i love it. i love the simple layout and the elegant design. one day i hope to be able to afford a g-5600, but for now, the dw5600e is more than enough. i keep looking at it throughout the day and admiring its clean lines. a true classic.

buddha-g

One could argue these are still "True G-Shocks". I come back to mine time and again because of the simple, rugged design. You don't have worry about these guys. Go swimming, work in the yard, do whatever and they hold up like little tanks. Great watch and I recommend every G Fan have at least one version of the 5600.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When I think G shock I think of the 5600 in all it's variations. I have a solar version on right now and like it better than many of the highly coveted G's seen on this forum. Has any other G shock had as long a history as the 5600? It's a true classic.

Tom

me likey (both the watch and the noodle )

Great watch, I have three 5600's and counting.

They're the true Daddy of all G's, I'm even thinking of getting rid of some of my more modern collection (wademan) to fund more 5 series hunting

Thread Information