I am just going outside and may be some time. .........

Thread: I am just going outside and may be some time. .........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I am just going outside and may be some time. .........

Well, actually, in a week's time I'm going into hospital to have a hip replacement. I'm told that I should only be in hospital for a week or so but I shall probably be off the forum for a bit as I don't know whether I'll be able to sit at my computer for a while afterwards. :oops: So behave yourselves, I don't want any fighting, while I'm away.

Anyway, I've just been wondering which watch to take in with me, I'm tempted to take the lot but that might be asking for trouble It will probably then be a G-Shock and I was thinking of taking my M5600 as, being atomic, I can be assured of good accurate timing and I can use the long stopwatch facility to measure how long I'm non compos mentis while they do the op!

There's an argument for wearing my Gulfman as it should be be able to resist the effects of blood and gore better without rusting or I could wear my G-7500G as I can keep phone and card details with me in case I need them .......

So what watch would you wear for the duration if you were going to be in hospital for a while ....... ?

In the meantime, while I'm there I shall be missing the forum, as I've spent quite a bit of time on here browsing of late, not being able walk around much. .;... I'll be back though and shall be thinking while I'm in there, what watch I'm going to treat myself to when I get out ........

"The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Re: I am just going outside and may be some time. .........

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    There's an argument for wearing my Gulfman as it should be be able to resist the effects of blood and gore better without rusting
    Good grief! It sounds worse than Doncaster Infirmary. Good luck with the hop... I mean Op.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I am not sure which watch to tell you to bring but my thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe and speedy recovery!!!!
    Be Safe!!
    Geode
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mate, just wanna say all the best for the operation and looking forward to seeing you back here real soon with a speedy recovery. And your M5600 sounds like the best G to take with you.

All the best matey!

Good luck Mike. I've had major surgery twice myself, so I know how scary it can be.

On the upside: they have some *really, really nice painkillers* these days... and getting out of the hospital is a great time to celebrate by buying a new watch

I'd wear whichever watch you don't mind getting a good dose of dings. Hospitals are brutal on watches, with all of those stainless steel surfaces and bars and trays and carts and...... I'm getting scared just thinking about the hospital.

I stayed at a hospital for a week, when my wife ran into complications during the birth of our daughter. I arrived wearing a Seiko Orange Monster. After 2 days of developing a surprising number of dents and scratches, I headed home for supplies and a Frogman. The OM wouldn't have survived a full week in that place.

Best of luck for the op, When i had my knee reconstruction last year i was advised not to take a watch with me. (spent 4 days in hospital) not really sure why.

Hey you could strap 5 watches to each wrist for your visit to the nhs, Only problem being they might think your mad and you could end up in the loony bin after your op!!
    Hmm, have you ever seen anyone wearing more than 1 watch at any one time??

Quote Originally Posted by Gee-whizz View Post
    Yes, astronauts do.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Gee-whizz View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    I do it all the time.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information