I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    932

    I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    The Japan only MRG-7000 has caught my eye. However, when I search, both this forum and a regular google search, for general information, I find nothing. I realize that at this point it is an older model; but the size looks reasonable and it is solar atomic. Is there any reason that this watch garners so little interest?

    I just want to avoid a "wow, let's never do that again" type of issue.

  2. #2
    Member javylsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    181

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Not an answer to your question, but I’ve always wondered why Japan-only items have English on them instead of Kanji...
    ricardomfs and brandon\ like this.
    Casio G-SHOCK GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GPR-B1000TLC-1, GWG-1000-1A3, GXW-56-1BJF, GXW-56-4JF, GW-M5610-1
    Casio AE1200WH-1A
    Citizen JN0040-58L, AT8020-03L,
    Suunto SS014279010, SS010600110
    Bulova 96B183

  3. #3
    Member ricardomfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,617

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by javylsu View Post
    Not an answer to your question, but I’ve always wondered why Japan-only items have English on them instead of Kanji...
    That's a great question

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    932

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    I saw the same thing when I lived in China. It seems that English is seen as a more of a lingua franca. But, I do agree, it seems a bit odd.
    ricardomfs and brandon\ like this.

  6. #5
    Member StephenWatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Again, not an answer to your question (that must be getting quite annoying now LOL), but I was totally unaware of this watch till your post. It is way above my affordable budget, but goodness, she's a beauty! If you do get it, I'm expecting lots of good photos...

    mmm... didn't realise it was now 12 years old! May do a bit more research now into it as I love a bit of 'age depreciation'!

    Bugger! Even beat up ones are still getting £360
    Last edited by StephenWatch; October 20th, 2018 at 22:38.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...



    GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    932

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post

    Bugger! Even beat up ones are still getting £360
    Right, but to put in perspective, look at other Solar, Atomic, Titanium, MRG. After you do that, the 7000 will look like a bargain.

    Remember, "beat up" is just another word for "authentic wabi sabi."
    StephenWatch likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,941

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    I have the MRG-7100BJ, which is the more limited full DLC version of this.


    It is a beautiful looking watch, it has the same case as the MRG-7500, which I think is one of the best looking of the analogue MRG's. It is of a very wearable size, not a giant like lsome of the latest ones.
















































    Mitch
    ricardomfs, StephenWatch and Hasaf like this.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    932

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    I have the MRG-7100BJ, which is the more limited full DLC version of this.


    It is a beautiful looking watch, it has the same case as the MRG-7500, which I think is one of the best looking of the analogue MRG's. It is of a very wearable size, not a giant like lsome of the latest ones.
    Mitch
    You sold me, I pulled the trigger on a MRG-7100BJ.


    I have wanted an MRG for quite a while (over a year) when I noticed the MRG-7000BJ. I had been thinking about the MRG-7700B-1BJF however, I don't like negative displays. I actually considered getting the 7700 and realigning the polarizer. The other plan was to swap out the internals from a GW-2500. That was the point where I started looking at the 7000. I seems to hit all of the buttons:
    • Second Hand
    • Solar
    • Atomic
    • Analogue/Digital
    • Titanium
    • On a bracelet


    Frankly, I had just missed that there was a DLC version. That tipped the scales almost immediately. Of course, there will be pictures when it arrives.
    Last edited by Hasaf; October 21st, 2018 at 15:20.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    932

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    .
    Last edited by Hasaf; October 21st, 2018 at 15:20. Reason: duplicate

  11. #10
    Member StephenWatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,620

    Re: I am looking at a MRG-7000, any thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasaf View Post
    You sold me, I pulled the trigger on a MRG-7100BJ.


    I have wanted an MRG for quite a while (over a year) when I noticed the MRG-7000BJ. I had been thinking about the MRG-7700B-1BJF however, I don't like negative displays. I actually considered getting the 7700 and realigning the polarizer. The other plan was to swap out the internals from a GW-2500. That was the point where I started looking at the 7000. I seems to hit all of the buttons:
    • Second Hand
    • Solar
    • Atomic
    • Analogue/Digital
    • Titanium
    • On a bracelet


    Frankly, I had just missed that there was a DLC version. That tipped the scales almost immediately. Of course, there will be pictures when it arrives.
    Congrats on posting the smallest photo ever LOL
    Motorcycle Man likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...



    GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Casio G Shock MRG 7000 Reduced!
      By Nolander in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: May 5th, 2006, 19:40
    2. FS: Casio G Shock MRG 7000 DJ
      By Nolander in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: April 6th, 2006, 17:46
    3. MRG 7000 Instruction manual
      By MrT in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: March 10th, 2006, 21:04
    4. MRG-7000/7100 question for owners
      By Ti-MRGme in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: March 6th, 2006, 00:31
    5. Mrg 7000
      By MrT in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: February 27th, 2006, 23:28

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •