I am so stoopid!

Thread: I am so stoopid!

I am so stoopid!

Used our new £2000 MIG welder at work today, Haven't welded for years but the machine did all the work and I was pleased. Then I noticed my froggy has 3 welding spatter chips in the glass.

Groan!......I did this ages ago to another watch now I've done it again. Can you get a new glass fitted or is this impossible?

Re: I am so stoopid!

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Used our new £2000 MIG welder at work today, Haven't welded for years but the machine did all the work and I was pleased. Then I noticed my froggy has 3 welding spatter chips in the glass.

Groan!......I did this ages ago to another watch now I've done it again. Can you get a new glass fitted or is this impossible?

That SUCKS!!! I have ruined about half dozen G's that very same way, now, before I even think about pulling out my mig welder, I pull off the G!! I don't think there is anything you can do with it except use it as a beater.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Yep, got splatter on my GW-9000.

Now my old DW-5600C is the work on cars watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolling eyes Re: I am so stoopid!

Ay ay Dave,

Spatters on your froggies crystal. That sounds bad. If I'm working near welding or other other sparky things (is it called a grinder), I never wear watches, just because I am afraid of damage by burning/glowing metal.

Which (tyoe of) froggie was it? I think a case will cost you a small fortune, if you could find one.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Can't the glass on G's be swapped like in most other watches?
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

It is a G-Shock.

Built tough so make it look tough.

The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    It is a G-Shock.

Built tough so make it look tough.

You're right.....I need to keep this in perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Ay ay Dave,

Spatters on your froggies crystal. That sounds bad. If I'm working near welding or other other sparky things (is it called a grinder), I never wear watches, just because I am afraid of damage by burning/glowing metal.

Which (tyoe of) froggie was it? I think a case will cost you a small fortune, if you could find one.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Sjors, a triple crown....
    But hey I need to focus my attention on whether I'll be able to get a GX-56 in the UK at a reasonable price. And keep playing that lottery so I can buy my dream collection!

Groovy result: sold my froggy and got £150 for it. So that paid for my orange GX-56 that I'm hoping will arrive later this week from Mastersintime.

Did find a UK shop Moores Jewellers and they are showing the black/red GX-56 at £102 delivered in the UK. I called them and they explained it's actually a pre-order so they have no stock but hopeful to get some this month.

So will keep an eye out. I'll probably thin out my DW-8150 collection a wee bit on the Bay as I feel that the GX is a worthy successor and the item I've been waiting for all these years.

Dave.

Thread Information