I am SO weak....two new G's.

Thread: I am SO weak....two new G's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am SO weak....two new G's.

I keep telling myself I can stop this G thing anytime I want. Anytime I want. Yes.
    Then I drive an hour into town to see if they have any new models in yet. This one department store chain suddenly brought in a whole lot of nice G's....possibly a test run.... so my thinking is that once they sell out, there may be no more to buy locally. It isn't anything to do with my addiction. Really. None at all.

I chose a GLX5600 to use as a beater to save my GLX salmon and blue from getting all messed up, and my first Baby G (BGR-300 Solar) for those sporty-but-feminine occasions.

Pics of the new members, and a pic of my Casio collection. So far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Re: I am SO weak....two new G's.

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki Nui View Post
    I keep telling myself I can stop this G thing anytime I want. Anytime I want. Yes.
    I've tried this technique and it simply doesn't work for me...ha...ha...ha...
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoki Nui View Post
    Then I drive an hour into town to see if they have any new models in yet. This one department store chain suddenly brought in a whole lot of nice G's....possibly a test run.... so my thinking is that once they sell out, there may be no more to buy locally. It isn't anything to do with my addiction. Really. None at all.

I chose a GLX5600 to use as a beater to save my GLX salmon and blue from getting all messed up, and my first Baby G (BGR-300 Solar) for those sporty-but-feminine occasions.

Pics of the new members, and a pic of my Casio collection. So far.
    Congratulations on your new G's, they are all quite nice. I especially like the picture of them all over your laptop.

Cheers...

Nice additions! Congrats and enjoy them all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice additions. Congratulations. You will absolutely enjoy them all. And we fellow addicts love company!

Nice pickups! I think this G thing is a junky virus to which there is no cure! I still find it hard to use any of my G's as a beater, I have a couple of old scratched up Armitron, G-Shock look-a-likes that I use for beaters.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

great photos. i really like that you have rolled some classic casios into the mix. the pulsar in your avatar is really fun, too. looking forward to more pictures... :thanks
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thanks for all the nice replies!

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I still find it hard to use any of my G's as a beater, ....
    I know I know! I'm looking at my new black GLX5600 and thinking can I really use you as a beater? No. I cannot. So the scruffy work goes back to my old Casio Illuminator W-740 that has been my trusty beater watch for almost 15 years. And I still take it off when things get rough. I'm hopeless. I seem to be missing the gene that allows me to treat my watches harshly. Even my cats think I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    great photos. i really like that you have rolled some classic casios into the mix. the pulsar in your avatar is really fun, too. looking forward to more pictures... :thanks
    Ooooo...don't encourage me! I could sit and take pics of my watches all day and get absolutely nothing worthwhile done. But since you asked...

A couple of pics of my G's at play:
    Attached Images Attached Images

PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Do you live in Hawaii? If so, check out Macy's in Windward Mall. They have a pretty good selection of Gs, including Glorious Golds and ICERCs.
    Last edited by bryanhayn; September 6th, 2009 at 07:17.
    Currently:

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster 300M ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003.007.90210.WTF.BBQ.LOL.187.911. 12345
    Omega Seamaster 300M 2254.50.00
    Omega Seamaster 166.002
    Seiko SKX007K2
    Seiko SARB035
    G-Shock
    GMWB5000D-1

Quote Originally Posted by bryanhayn View Post
    Do you live in Hawaii? ......
    Sadly, no, but thanks for the tip. My parents had a nice place in Kihei but when they passed away, "disagreements" between my sister and I meant it had to be sold. I haven't been back in several years now.....

You may be weak, but your watches are strong!

Two questions, and sorry for straying off course.

1. What's the info on the cube on the Baby-G's dial?
    2. I wonder when is someone going to take a DW-1000 and reproduce a resin (or other material) bezel?

:thanks
    Last edited by pakupakuman; September 6th, 2009 at 16:48. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information