I bought my first and Second g-Shock this weekend. GW7900B-1 and Riseman
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I bought my first and Second g-Shock this weekend. GW7900B-1 and Riseman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I was on the search to replace a T Touch that I sold and came accross G-Shocks. After doing a lot of research and looking at pics, reading forum reviews, watching youtube reviews, I decided that the GW7900B-1 was for me. I bought it Saturday and wore it until today. Here is a pic:Name:  GW7900B.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  7.0 KB. At first, I was impressed with this watch. I really liked the stealth look of it. However, I started thinking that it was just a little bulky and "tactical" looking. What if I want to wear it to work? I work in an office environment (in professional dress at times). Would it be TOO tactical looking. Would its bulk bother me? Then I started thinking that the watch looks a little too "young" for me. I am only 36 years old but I had a weird feeling when I wore it. Like I should have wore this watch 10 years ago. This is just my opinion of how it looked on me, not necessarily how I feel about the watch in general. Well, skip forward to today and I had a day off and decided to go see what some of the local outdoor stores had for ABC type watches. I came across another watch that I was looking at online in my initial search, the GW9200-1CU Riseman. Since I was wearing the Rescue, I was lucky to try them both on one right after another. Then I got to thinking that a semi accurate Barometer/Thermo and altimeter would be slightly more useful than Moon phase (some use) and Tide graph. I live in Saint Paul, MN. That is pretty much as far as you can get from any ocean in North America and unfortunately, I don't do enough traveling to justify a tide graph... I ended up taking the 7900 back to Macy's and ended up with this: Name:  GW9200.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  5.7 KB. I really like the fact that it gives a relatively sturdy look without going too far. The Watch is also very comfortable. One thing that bothers me (very slightly) is the charge is showing Medium. The watch was in a tin underneath the counter, still wrapped in plastic. I guess if it has been there, in pitch dark for a few months, it is entitled to be on Medium charge. We will see how long it will take to charge up to full over the next couple of days. For now I will keep it in the light as much as possible. I know there has been direct comparisons done on this forum before but many that choose the 7900 like it because of it's looks. I guess the riseman won me over because the looks of the 7900 were "too tactical" for my uses and the features it provides are more useful to me than the 7900s, albeit by a narrow margin, really. Thanks to WUS for the gentlemen who bought my Tissot and for the knowledge to feel confident in the right decision. I am only going to keep one G-Shock and I think I found the right one.
    lvt, kandyredcoi and Chrisek like this.

Re: I bought my first and Second g-Shock this weekend. GW7900B-1 and Riseman

I'm considerably older than you (!), and have no issue wearing my G7900B in an office environment. It's often asked if G Shocks are too big for this, or that, Wearing a G Shock is a state of mind - the only person that matters is YOU. Don't give a dam about what anyone else thinks!!

Name:  GW7900b cropped 700.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  82.3 KB
    nigelw, Jeff_C and Misevicius like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I understand the sentiment. I probably would have gotten over it but I was drawn to the riseman. Plus, one g shock is enough for now. I am trying to ease my wife into having multiple watches;). Perhaps I will pick up the 7900 again some day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raym0016 View Post
    Plus, one g shock is enough for now.
    Aahhh, there speaks the voice of a G Shock virgin. We all thought that at first
    gaopa likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

3 months from now you'll already have the complete Professional (xxx-man G-Shocks) series including a limited edition Frogman. Congrats on the new Riseman and here's to many more G-Shocks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

I don't doubt it. So much variety!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Aahhh, there speaks the voice of a G Shock virgin. We all thought that at first
    Stephen is right, G-Shocks are addictive and there is no know cure! Cheers, Bill P.

congrats
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Congrats, the riseman is a great watch. Just a heads up: read the manual about charging times: to go from "M" to "H" is quite a bit of direct sunlight. Don't worry, it'll work just fine.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health. :beer:
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Great acquisitions! Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information