I can't get my GS-1000 GIEZ to sync...

Thread: I can't get my GS-1000 GIEZ to sync...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I can't get my GS-1000 GIEZ to sync...

Hey guys,
    Some of you already know i just got my Gs-1000 from Seiya the other day. I posted my comments about this amazing watch in another thread. However, I am pretty frustrated now not being able to get the atomic signal to work for the last 3 days.

I know i have my home city set correctly. I have even gotten the watch to indicate from READY to WORK a few times. It will shift back and forth from READY to WORK in certain locations of my home so it appears it is working correctly, however in the end of the cycle, it indicates N.

Can someone suggest anything? I am in the LA area (Valley) and have tried to sync in all 4 corners of my home and work (nearly 25 miles way). Does anyone know of a for sure lcoation I can sync at least once with? I am willing to drive there and sync it - and never worry about it again.

Any ideas? I got a great suggestion about using a cordless phone base attenna to help pull something in, but no luck.

Re: I can't get my GS-1000 GIEZ to sync...

Maybe DST setting?

I have not been able to sync my Giez manually during the day.

Mine only auto syncs at night, and it doesn't seem to matter which corner of the house (as long as it's close to a window and using the "sync position" of the watch).

Sardarji

These problems are usually related to incorrect home city issues.

Just to make sure, enter world time mode and then go around the dial until you get to your home city the watch should then beep to indicate that it is properly set as your home city. If it doesn't or beeps at some other city then you need to go through home city setting again.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Sardarji

These problems are usually related to incorrect home city issues.

Just to make sure, enter world time mode and then go around the dial until you get to your home city the watch should then beep to indicate that it is properly set as your home city. If it doesn't or beeps at some other city then you need to go through home city setting again.

Mitch
    Hi Mitch,
    Thanks for your reply - but I have already confirmed that it beeps twice at least 20 times by now. I keep thinking that it was the home city setting too, but I am now sure it is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
    Maybe DST setting?

I have not been able to sync my Giez manually during the day.

Mine only auto syncs at night, and it doesn't seem to matter which corner of the house (as long as it's close to a window and using the "sync position" of the watch).
    I am still learning about this watch - so I am a little confused on the DST setting you mentioned. Is this similar to the summertime setting which needs to be on or off (small seconds sub-dial showing up or down for on or off)?

You're closer to the signal than I am (Ohio) and mine syncs sometimes from the east side of my house through about as many walls as it can get through. Maybe you're in a valley or behind mountains? If that's the case though seems like we'd have heard about LA area folks not being able to sync. Do you have other ceptors that are able to get the signal?
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by SardarJi View Post
    Hi Mitch,
    Thanks for your reply - but I have already confirmed that it beeps twice at least 20 times by now. I keep thinking that it was the home city setting too, but I am now sure it is correct.
    Tricky!

Are you sure that you are in time keeping mode? It is possible to switch between a world time city and your home city by holding down A and pressing D. If your world time city and home city were the same you could still be in world time without it being obvious and the watch wouldn't sync.

I think you go back by pressing B. If your world time city was different to your home city this shouldn't be the problem as you would realise the time was incorrect.

Mitch

FWIW, my waveceptor is in a northern california area with very finicky reception. I finally worked out that it will only sync at the preset 4am sync-try when on the top sill of my bathroom window. Other locations (and other times !) don't work. It's odd because my window faces the neighbor's house just 10 feet or so away. One would think that this should make for bad reception because it's not facing somewhere more open. Who knows, perhaps this location just happens to catch the signal as it's being reflected from something(s).
    The Raketa 24 hr Royal Majesty.
    3 and counting !

My Giez syncs quite well, but sometimes (atmospheric events???) it doesn't. It syncs in a closed wooden box on the north side of my house (Colorado is south); sometimes it doesn't. Don't get too frustrated. Perhaps leaving it by something with an antenna (radio, cordless phone base, etc.?) will work. I've done this and it works, though I can't confirm it's the antena and not simply chance. Hope you get it to work to your satisfaction. It's not, BTW, an issue with your home city, etc.; you simply aren't getting good signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    My Giez syncs quite well, but sometimes (atmospheric events???) it doesn't. It syncs in a closed wooden box on the north side of my house (Colorado is south); sometimes it doesn't. Don't get too frustrated. Perhaps leaving it by something with an antenna (radio, cordless phone base, etc.?) will work. I've done this and it works, though I can't confirm it's the antena and not simply chance. Hope you get it to work to your satisfaction. It's not, BTW, an issue with your home city, etc.; you simply aren't getting good signals.

Thanks for the feedback guys... I guess I just need to wait it out a little longer and pray I catch a signal someplace.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information