I can't stop modding my G-Shocks. This time it's my GW-1500

Thread: I can't stop modding my G-Shocks. This time it's my GW-1500

I can't stop modding my G-Shocks. This time it's my GW-1500

I was trying to sell my GW1500 for a while, but nobody seemed to want it. I realized that the main reason I stopped wearing it was because I didn't like the silver inner bezel anymore. I tried to think of what would look better. Red to match the G-SHOCK lettering on top and the hour hand? Or maybe just basic black? A Photoshop simulation of red looked goofy, and I already have that other red project (DW-9200) So I took it apart and re-assembled it without the bezel, and thought it looked pretty good stealthed. So I scrubbed the bezel down with a scotchbrite pad and took it outside to hit it with some flat black.

But at the last second, as I looked at my arsenal of rattlecans, my resolve wavered. I grabbed the gold and the gunmetal, did a thin but even coat of the former, then a light dusting of the latter, for sort of a Romain Jerome effect without having to dredge up pieces of sunken ships.

Here's what I came up with:

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but at least it's just paint, so if i decide I still want to go stealth, I can sand it down and spray it again

Re: I can't stop modding my G-Shocks. This time it's my GW-1500

You got a great finish on it - excellent work.

I'm not convinced it all ties together so well as perhaps black would work. You've got the purple dial, white lettering & accents, black band, red lettering & accents, and now the gold. There's quite a lot going on.

But its still not hard on the eye - quite the opposite...it might grow on me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    I'm not convinced it all ties together so well as perhaps black would work. You've got the purple dial, white lettering & accents, black band, red lettering & accents, and now the gold. There's quite a lot going on.
    That's what I'm thinking, too. But then the primary criticism of G-shocks by non-G-lovers is that they're too busy and have a lot going on Paint is a lot easier to un-do than dye, so I can try a few different colors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks cool, has a certain bling factor to it now, I think orange would look pretty tight too, then paint G-SHOCK and SHOCK RESIST on the bezel orange to match!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

I actually like it very much. It looks like it's been pulled out from th eocean floor after sitting down there for some time.

The rest of the color scheme is OK by me, the red and white bezel txt matches the hands quite nicely. If you stealthed the bezel the hands would have 'popped' out too much, so best to leave as is

looks great, thanks for sharing! i don't have the guts or talents to do these things to my gs.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I like it
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Looks good. I went with basic black for mine. The paint I had was old and it went on a little thick so it's already starting to chip.

Not bad at all, looks good.
    That Ain't an Igloo, thats my Watch. That ain't snow, thats my Chain. That Ain't an ice tray, thats my teeth. That's not a snowcone, thats my ring
    - Orient Orange Mako
    - Orient "Pepsi" Mako
    - Orient Star (Rose Gold w/ power reserve)
    - Android Tattooed Banker (Yellow)
    - Movado
    - G-Shock 5600, 6900

Thread Information