I changed the battery on my GA-100MC and then
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I changed the battery on my GA-100MC and then

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I changed the battery on my GA-100MC and then

I put everything back in as (I think) it all came out. The only worrisome re-install was the round white plastic shroud that goes down over the movement (5081). It seemed to only want to go back in one direction (which I noted before I'd removed it) but it didn't just slide easily down. But it did go down so I put back the O ring and the cover.

Of course, I had to start from scratch setting the city code and correct time. And that took forever because "just push A (or whatever) for about 3 seconds" really took about 30 seconds before anything happened. Following the instructions was a nightmare as I never knew if pushing any button was really doing anything. Eventually I did get the city code/time/date etc changed but here's my question:

Is that white plastic shroud really position-sensitive? IOW, if it's 1/16th of an inch one way or another would that be the reason the buttons were so unresponsive? Should I take the cover back off and re-position it? How is one to know when it's EXACTLY in the right position? Thanks.

Re: I changed the battery on my GA-100MC and then

Hence the reason why Casio service centres exist
    'I think therefore I am' (Rene Descartes`, 1644)
    Think he meant, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it!'

I delve into the intricacies of horology, but the laymen
    just wills me to enunciate more clearly? I conclude in knowing he
    is genetically resistant, and that is why I come here!

might it have snagged on/on top of a pusher?

it's happened to me before... albeit on a different module.

c clip nightmare ensued.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    Hence the reason why Casio service centres exist
    If you can't be helpful, please don't respond. This is a watch, not something as sensitive as a human heart. This forum exist to help each other, and that can happen multiple ways. Asking questions so others can read and learn, and by answering questions others may have. Please keep that in mind next time you hit the reply button.
    ryan93civic likes this.

I dont like battery charges on my Blacked out Mudman, i just dont like doing it.

I took the case back off again and removed that white shroud. Now that I'm focusing on its position when I put it back in, it seems to only want to go back down in one and one position only. Once it's seated, there is no play if I try to turn it right or left. OK. I put the case back on again and...and...the buttons are as unresponsive as before (they were pretty responsive before the battery change). And now the LED light doesn't work (it did before). I have it set to LT3, as before (I had to press the A button for about a minute for it to toggle into city code mode then C, sort of unresponsive but finally worked, to toggle to the illuminator mode. Man, a guy's thumb can cramp up holding these freakin' buttons down constantly.

I gave up trying to hold down B long enough to toggle the Auto Light On/Off switch. The upper left little dial doesn't indicate that it's on but thought I'd toggle it off/on/off again just for the heck of it. No dice.

Oh well, it keeps time. I'll just have to tell myself I don't ever need to turn on the LED light and I'll avoid that frustration. I'll probably start looking for a new G and know I won't have to open up the back for maybe 2 years.

Anyway, it does keep time

One thing I didn't try was rotating the actual movement (lining that up with pushers on other watches is key to keep the pushers pushing on what they're supposed to). I'd read that the pushers on a G are wired so "lining it up" isn't so critical. If the movement rotates at all anyway.

Here's a link to a youtube video that shows how to change the battery. It might be helpful figuring out what you might be able to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJdKtELjRw

You should look at your buttons as well. Sometimes they "catch" - I would recommend looking at them & using a toothpick, make sure that the contact bar is on the right side of the pusher.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

^^ Snowback is right. Sometimes the contact bar can get caught on the pusher bar of the button. You just need to make sure that the contact bars are in the correct position and it should function properly. Because your buttons aren't working, it really sounds like the module wasn't inserted properly.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information