I dont know which gshock to buy. I need help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Towlo104
  • 3 Post By Monzer
  • 3 Post By Towlo104
  • 1 Post By Monzer

Thread: I dont know which gshock to buy. I need help

I dont know which gshock to buy. I need help

I was doing a lot of research on my own and I've found this watch for me which is perfect, it looks amazing, and its digital and analog which is important to me, everything about it fits my needs but it lacks triple sensor which I also want.
    The name of the watch is Casio G-Shock GG-1000-1A5 DR Mudmaster Twin Sensor

I also love that analog hands move when you enter different modes, for example compass, the seconds hand is locked to north and moves according to your position, i love that, its not just some compass on the display showing me where north is.. So I was looking more to find similar watch with triple sensor and I found GWG-1000 but its too expensive for me

So I ask for your guys help if there is any watch from gshock which looks similiar to GG-1000 or GWG-1000 priced at max 300$ and has triple sensor?
    ocddave likes this.

Re: I dont know which gshock to buy. I need help

Bare in mind that gg-1000 is not solar for a compass / thermometer watch and you mentioned you need this features don't expect a battery to last long probably 2 years max. IMHO THE GG-1000 is a good looking watch big and sturdy if you like it go for it if you want ABC features analog and digital maybe check gravity master line and pro trek you will find really great stuff and fullfil your needs. Also if you are a 1 watch guy like me I'd say go for solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Monzer View Post
    Bare in mind that gg-1000 is not solar for a compass / thermometer watch and you mentioned you need this features don't expect a battery to last long probably 2 years max. IMHO THE GG-1000 is a good looking watch big and sturdy if you like it go for it if you want ABC features analog and digital maybe check gravity master line and pro trek you will find really great stuff and fullfil your needs. Also if you are a 1 watch guy like me I'd say go for solar.
    Casio PRG-600-1ER Pro Trek
    Looks very interesting, it has all the features like GWG and its 200$ cheaper on ebay, also doesnt look bad.. I love this crown feature..
    Ragna, xevious and MainePorsche like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not a bad watch at all. Actually, rather good looking I think. Just be aware of the fact that the negative display is a real pain to read. (Well, for me it is and many other have mentioned this as well)
    Realistically, if you have your mind set on an analogue then rather hang on for a bit and save up for the GWG-1000. Negative digital display as well but with a larger area and is back-lit. Alternatively the Protrek lineup has a few interesting models. (Or like Monzer suggested possibly the Gravity master range as well...)
    Then solar charging... Obviously the GG does not have this functionality. Potentially something you might find useful... or not?

Good choice, won't be my choice but seems like you changed you mined easy so I would say be patient before pickin up you first Casio and try it in your wrist is essential before pulling the trigger.
    Marten likes this.

Well, I started on a similar footing as you - really liked the looks and price of the GG1000. However, you get more features - solar, multiband, triple sensor - for the same price in the GW9400 Rangeman, the only downside is that its digital. It has also a bit smaller case than the GG1000 which was a plus for me. In the past months the Rangeman has won me over, it is now my favourite amongst my watches.

Also bear in mind that if you use ABC functions often, the battery of the GG will need changing every 2 years of less. The change should be performed by an authorized Casio shop to retain water and mud resistance. This also adds to the long-term costs.

I suggest you try all of them on in a local retailer, how they feel. You can still buy cheaper online. Anyway, if you get into G Shocks, you won't stop at only one, so just buy what you like the most, and you'll buy the rest later :)

Quote Originally Posted by Towlo104 View Post

So I ask for your guys help if there is any watch from gshock which looks similiar to GG-1000 or GWG-1000 priced at max 300$ and has triple sensor?
    No...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Thread Information