I finally figured something out.

Thread: I finally figured something out.

Banned

I finally figured something out.

Know I'm shore most of you already know that the Frogman is the only Casio Watch that's ISO certified, That being said almost if not all G Shocks are WR to 200m's. The only thing I know of is the Frogman as a built in diver's log for one to keep track of their dives. So the way I look at it if the watch is rated to at least 200m's it's still good enough to dive with even if it's not ISO certified.

Re: I finally figured something out.

one of the main differences between an ISO diver and a non-ISO watch with a serious depth rating is that ISO divers are individually pressure tested. Others get a sample tested out of each batch. There's some other differences in the testing procedures themselves, too.

But then you see all those pictures of Navy divers wearing non-ISO G-shocks on dives, so you're probably right. I have two G's that I bought new, and three used with unknown histories, and all of them have been in the ocean and banged around at work and dipped in hot tubs and had beer spilled on them etc. despite not being ISO shenanigans-resistant. No problems with any of them

No surprise here divers have been using G's for years Most recreational divers dont go below 100 feet, gets dark and depending on where your diving very cold. On the dive forum there are photos of members using there very nice Dive watches to dive with, I think that is the exception most divers really wear what ever they have and dont spend the bank of expensive divers, just my 2 and a 1/2 cents

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Don't forget most non digital dive watches have rotating divers bezel and also feature lume on the hands and hour markers so I don't know if pressing the buttons underwater will hurt the watches warranty.

Thread Information