I got mail - G-7710C-2ER - very nice indeed!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I got mail - G-7710C-2ER - very nice indeed!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Gift I got mail - G-7710C-2ER - very nice indeed!

Hi everybody,
    so Christmay is coming closer and I needed some more Gs. Amazon had a coupon on watches so it was a steal (35€ - about 50$) - and I wanted one of the G-77XX series anyway - the color is much nicer in person than on the pictures I think - perfectly matches my "baby-blue" Adidas jacket.
    Here come the pics (quick and dirty as always - lighting was bad and with two kids I almost never have the time to take decent pictures - maybe during the holidays):
    First the unwrapping process:

the black box we all know and love:

the nice bronze tin:

I really like the way Casio wrap the watches in an extra blister foil:

And there it is:

As usual hard to take decent pics of the negative display (which is far better to read than my G-Cool):

Really like the size - it fits my wrist perfectly:

And some more pics:

I like that one - the module is just great and one of the best of the non-atomic Gs I think (maybe only surpassed by the new G-7800). Also very good is that you got the time on the main Display in every mode (except STW and REC-mode but I hardly ever use the STW anyway), the double CDT also comes in handy and finally a new G that has a CDT that's setable to the second like the old-school Gs! The only thing I'm not quite happy with is the light button - it's recessed into the case and a little hard to press without using the finger-nail (which I try to avoid since I managed to press a little dent into the mode-button of my Riseman). Does anybody know if some of the G-77XX series have a metal light button? On the pictures it looks like the G-7700-1ER and the G-7700BL-1ER have a metal button or is it just chromed plastic?
    Despite this minor flaw all in all a great watch especially for people with small wrists.
    I almost forgot - on the German G-Shock website all the Gs have nicknames - this one is named "cloud cooler" which I think is a good nickname for that watch.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; December 18th, 2008 at 23:56.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re: I got mail - G-7710C-2ER - very nice indeed!

Very striking. That colour combination suits it well.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Congrats on that baby blue beaut!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

:thanks guys - the color is really very nice - even my girlfriend likes this watch . And it adds a little color to my mainly black collection.

edit: The alarm sound is way cool - I didn't even know that G-Shocks were capable to make that kind of sound.

Greetings, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; December 19th, 2008 at 00:01.
    Cheers
    Sedi

love it!

never seen that colour before, only seen that watch in black and yellow (and the kawasaki green). Is the LCD negative on all models?

There is something I like about this watch and I can't put my finger on it. I'll be getting this come January :D

Quote Originally Posted by digitalxni View Post
    Is the LCD negative on all models?
    Almost except for the standard G-7700-1ER they all come with negative LCDs. Normally I'm not a big fan of negative LCDs but since the contrast of the display can be adjusted on the G-77XX series I thought I'll give it a try. With the contrast on the highest setting legibility is pretty good - way better than my G-Cool which I sometimes can't read at all.

There is something I like about this watch and I can't put my finger on it. I'll be getting this come January :D
    do it - I think you can't go wrong with it, at least if you don't need solar or atomic (it has a 5-year battery though CR2025 like the Muddie). And if you like the Gs very big and chunky then it might not be the right one but in every other way it's great (if I can say this already from wearing it for one day and reading the manual every day for a month maybe).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

wow, that is a sweet g!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Almost except for the standard G-7700-1ER they all come with negative LCDs. Normally I'm not a big fan of negative LCDs but since the contrast of the display can be adjusted on the G-77XX series I thought I'll give it a try. With the contrast on the highest setting legibility is pretty good - way better than my G-Cool which I sometimes can't read at all.
    just been reading the manual and it just seems packed full of functions. I love the idea of the auto countdown for the stop watch and the fact that you can change the contrast of the LCD and mute the function button tone. One quick question that I have about the auto countdown - the upper left LCD shows a numeric countdown from 5-1 right? And do 3 LEDs at the bottom go from red, yellow, green?

One quick question that I have about the auto countdown - the upper left LCD shows a numeric countdown from 5-1 right? And do 3 LEDs at the bottom go from red, yellow, green?
    The LEDs flash red 3 times with the last three seconds of the countdown and when it starts it flashes green three times very quickly. The 5 sec countdown is also very nicely animated - not just counting down like on a normal LCD. Would have to do a video to really capture that.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

thanks, a video review on youtube would be awesome :D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information