I got my GWF-1000B to FIT!!!

Thread: I got my GWF-1000B to FIT!!!

I got my GWF-1000B to FIT!!!

I kept the watch like this for 48 hours and now when I wear it, it fits like a glove! For those with thinner wrists, I highly recommend trying it out with your frog. The watch is so flat that if you have smallish wrists (under 7.5") shaping the straps down helped a lot with the fit.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: I got my GWF-1000B to FIT!!!

I was worried about getting that watch because I thought it might be a little too big for my 6.5" wrist. Now that I know it's toooooo big for even a 7.5" wrist, I can just kiss that watch NO-BUY! shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub4 View Post
    I was worried about getting that watch because I thought it might be a little too big for my 6.5" wrist. Now that I know it's toooooo big for even a 7.5" wrist, I can just kiss that watch NO-BUY! shucks.
    I re-measured the underside of the watch and it's about 1.75". So if you measure the top of your wrist... if it's smaller than 1.75" then it's probably not for you.
    If it's 1.75" or wider, then the watch would probably fit ok. Getting the straps to bend down quicker definitely helps. It's a really amazing watch and the quality is very different than the 200 series.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by clarencek View Post
    I re-measured the underside of the watch and it's about 1.75". So if you measure the top of your wrist... if it's smaller than 1.75" then it's probably not for you.
    If it's 1.75" or wider, then the watch would probably fit ok. Getting the straps to bend down quicker definitely helps. It's a really amazing watch and the quality is very different than the 200 series.
    Its more then 1.75" from cuf to cuf. It is supposed to be 58mm from cuf to cuf which is 2.28".

I have a 7.1" wrist that is 62mm wide so I can just barely pull this one off. I do not generally recommend the new Frogman to anyone below 7" wrist.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Pretty cool idea~Never would have guessed, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Its more then 1.75" from cuf to cuf. It is supposed to be 58mm from cuf to cuf which is 2.28".

I have a 7.1" wrist that is 62mm wide so I can just barely pull this one off. I do not generally recommend the new Frogman to anyone below 7" wrist.
    Are you measuring from the bottom of the watch where it sits on the wrist? From the bottom my watch is 1.75" before the curves of the strap start.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by clarencek; December 17th, 2009 at 08:13.

Very helpful thread. I am trying to convince myself that it's not too big for me!
    How does this Frog compare with the old Gaussman in terms of size?

Clarence,

I'm glad to see that you're keeping the "B". Actually, that underside flat shape, due to the sides of the strap jutting out more than down, is something I quite like about all G-Shocks and makes them comfortable!

It's the opposite with my Extreme mod on my PRG-80. Extreme mod. did this, but on the one the strap juts down and squeezes the sides of my wrist in a most irritating way. No amount of boiling, freezing, or shaping around tin cans has helped! This looks OK, but it cuts off the circulation in about 20 minutes!

So I'm glad you got your "B" to fit!!!

--Greg

Thread Information