I have a question about the date on my G-Shock?

Thread: I have a question about the date on my G-Shock?

Question I have a question about the date on my G-Shock?

I have a DW6900FS-8 and for the longest time I've been wondering what the number in the top left is? Is that for setting the year? I included two screenshots.

Does the "13" mean 2013? Does that change the year? Because for some reason on the right the day was never correct, even thought the date was. Fore example, yesterday, my watch said 12-12 but it didn't say Thursday, it said Friday. So I hit the Adjust button, top left and went to the flash number, it goes all the way up to 100, I had no clue what this was or which number to pick. I tried 13 and the day of the week was now corrected. So I'm assuming that was the year setting and if I set it to 14 it'll read the day as if it was December 2014, am I understanding this?

Thanks for the help,
    TS

Re: I have a question about the date on my G-Shock?

Quote Originally Posted by theshocker View Post
    Does the "13" mean 2013? Does that change the year? Because for some reason on the right the day was never correct, even thought the date was. Fore example, yesterday, my watch said 12-12 but it didn't say Thursday, it said Friday. So I hit the Adjust button, top left and went to the flash number, it goes all the way up to 100, I had no clue what this was or which number to pick. I tried 13 and the day of the week was now corrected. So I'm assuming that was the year setting and if I set it to 14 it'll read the day as if it was December 2014, am I understanding this?
    Welcome to the forum, and yes, you're understanding it correctly -- your G needs to know what year it is in order to display the right day of the week! Now that you've got the year set correctly, you shouldn't have to worry about setting it again until it's time to change the battery!

...or unless you really want to know what day of the week someone's birthday will be in 2021 and you don't have a perpetual calendar, computer or smartphone handy.

Re: I have a question about the date on my G-Shock?

Moved to main forum.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information