I Have A "Split Personality" -- And So Have I

Thread: I Have A "Split Personality" -- And So Have I

I Have A "Split Personality" -- And So Have I

I was looking at my WRUW post this morning and a thought struck me (unusual enough ) -- and not for the first time.

While I love "classic" G's and initially fell for the utilitarian look and feel of G-Shocks, I have also come to like them bold, colorful, even playful. In recent weeks, I have worn red, pink, teal, blue, green, orange, yellow, white, silver and transparent models -- some with metallic finishes.

Yet, when it comes to analogs, I am something of a classicist. For the most part (there are always exceptions), I like simple, clean, understated designs.

Anybody else out there a "conservative" regarding one "genre" of watches and a freak-flag-flying wildman in another?

Today is a good example. I started out the day with:

and then switched to:

Re: I Have A "Split Personality" -- And So Have I

My analogue mechanicals and these Gs are completely different animals, as far as I'm concerned.

However, both schools reward looking much deeper than the surface; mechanicals bare their internal physical art, despite outward restraint, upon closer examination; while Gs reveal a more precise, otherworldly attention to temporal detail to which mechanicals can only aspire.

There is room in my existence for both approaches, and never will they coincide. I seem to have different parts of my brain for each.

What model is that G, Kronos? Beautiful pieces, by the way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G_Me View Post
    What model is that G, Kronos? Beautiful pieces, by the way.
    Thanks. The analog is a Precista PRS 53 -- modeled on the old Omega 53, I gather. Tribe, a venerable forum member here had one -- and I couldn't resist getting one myself.

The "G" is a DWM-100M8T -- released in '99. I've had it since '99 or '00. It is in very good shape because I haven't worn it very much.

When It comes to analogues I only like some sporty ones and some ultra macho divers. And also some skeleton ones. I like seeing the internals at work it is fascinating!

I do not mind bright colorfull analogues either.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    When It comes to analogues I only like some sporty ones and some ultra macho divers. And also some skeleton ones. I like seeing the internals at work it is fascinating!

I do not mind bright colorfull analogues either.
    So, you're ready to let your freak-flag hang out in analogs and G's! You have a consistency that, sadly, I seem to lack!

Hmmmm...I'm a little bit opposite...my most colourful watch is my Seiko OM I guess, which I love...also ranks as one of the chunkiest...the vast majority of my G-Shocks are black...in fact all are except a Stormtrooper mudman.

i only wear one watch a day, but will wear all six of these in the course of a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    My analogue mechanicals and these Gs are completely different animals, as far as I'm concerned.

However, both schools reward looking much deeper than the surface; mechanicals bare their internal physical art, despite outward restraint, upon closer examination; while Gs reveal a more precise, otherworldly attention to temporal detail to which mechanicals can only aspire.

There is room in my existence for both approaches, and never will they coincide. I seem to have different parts of my brain for each.
    You are not alone, my friend.
    JUNGHANS Radio-Controlled WWVB, G-2500, GL-150, G-7300 TOUGH SOLAR, G-9100 GULFMAN,
    G-9000 MUDMAN, DW-5600 MODULE 901, DW-5000SL, DW-8200 FROGMAN, G-2900, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T2D461, Freestyle (Analog) Shark Hammerhead, Timex (Analog) Perpetual Calendar Model T45441.

Interesting....

Any forum members like their analogs with lots of "complications"???

Thread Information