I have to take a break :(
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LUW

Thread: I have to take a break :(

LUW

Rolling eyes I have to take a break :(

Yesterday I finally scored a Riseman . And since I can't leave my Gs alone, I'm thinking about getting some different resin for the new beast. Also yesterday, the weather was finally nice and I had some spare time so I went for a bike spin, and got home dog-tired. I was totally spent, so I went to bed early. But this morning I woke up kind of early out of a nightmare, where I was changing the resin on the Riseman because I wanted to ride, and the thing had totally came apart and I wasn't able to get it back together. There was this huge spring that didn't fit inside the case and the o-ring was totally bent out of shape to the point where I couldn't get it back inside it's groove . Man what a stress!

Guess I need a break from Gs for a while .
    XxMACCAxX and kurzjak like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Now that's funny! Enjoy the riseman!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

LUW

Re: I have to take a break :(

Not funny! I woke up in a sweat.
    And I still don't know where that darn spring came from .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You need to step away from the toolkit my friend, back away now there's nothing here for you ;-p
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I know how you feel, hate it too when my subconscious tampers with my brain - usually when I think too hard about something...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Perhaps your subconscious is saying "OK Luciano, you own enough G's now. Any more, and they'll start to own YOU."

Seriously, because G-Shocks are mostly affordable, it's so easy to just keep buying more and more. It's actually good to stop and take stock once in a while, and let the good dreams roll.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

G-Shock modding nightmares? lol. I might have lost that big spring in one of mine...

Which Riseman did you get?

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I know how you feel, hate it too when my subconscious tampers with my brain - usually when I think too hard about something...
    The wife is always saying that I have a bit of OCD, and as much as I hate to admit it, she's probably right. My interests go in cycles, but when I'm in the middle of one of those cycles I do obsess .

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Perhaps your subconscious is saying "OK Luciano, you own enough G's now. Any more, and they'll start to own YOU."

Seriously, because G-Shocks are mostly affordable, it's so easy to just keep buying more and more. It's actually good to stop and take stock once in a while, and let the good dreams roll.
    So true! I guess it's nice to get "professional" about a hobby, but everything should have some healthy limits . And unfortunately, I end up spending a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlike View Post
    Which Riseman did you get?
    The plain-Jane G-9200-1. Since the atomic signal doesn't reach me, there's no reason to get the GW. But I'm seriously thinking of "rusting" it .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thread Information