I just bought this.

Thread: I just bought this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I just bought this.

The ad said it is an open box item, but has never been worn. Will come with box and papers. I hope everything will work on it. The seller sure seems up to snuff though. The only thing it lacks that I would like is a countdown timer, but I guess you can't have everything. The ad says there are more than ten available, so some of you guys could get one too and not be so jealous. JK.

P.S. Now I am a little confused. This item comes from Top One, and they sell through ebay. The ebay description of the watch doesn't mention a countdown timer. I found Top One in a google search, and the description there says it has a countdown timer. does anyone know for sure?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=140291127374
    Last edited by kileak; December 28th, 2008 at 01:37.

Re: I just bought this.

Congratulations. It's a nice and popular model...

Looks pretty sharp

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kileak View Post
    The ad said it is an open box item, but has never been worn. Will come with box and papers. I hope everything will work on it. The seller sure seems up to snuff though. The only thing it lacks that I would like is a countdown timer, but I guess you can't have everything. The ad says there are more than ten available, so some of you guys could get one too and not be so jealous. JK.

P.S. Now I am a little confused. This item comes from Top One, and they sell through ebay. The ebay description of the watch doesn't mention a countdown timer. I found Top One in a google search, and the description there says it has a countdown timer. does anyone know for sure?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=140291127374
    Congratulations, my friend. A solider performer, this one. I like the bracelet!

Very nice!
    Rolex: Sea-Dweller, SubC, Datejust, BLNR
    Panerai PAM 90, 318
    Breitling: Navitimer, Chronomatic
    Cartier Roadster XL GMT
    Omega SMP Chrono, SMP 2531.8
    Eterna Soleure Moonphase
    Mido: Commander,Multistar
    Casio: GW-9200 Riseman
    , Hope Japan, PAW-1500T
    Seiko: Blue Sumo, SARB065, SARY055, SARY053, SSA169

Models with the time memo function (like this one) don't have countdown timers.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks Tribe, oh well I'll just record time then however that works.

Thanks Tribe, oh well I'll just record time then however that works.
    It's a 'time stamp' - it records the current time at the press of a button.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

So in you could use it as a timer of sorts? I don't quite understand what the use of it would be.

So in you could use it as a timer of sorts? I don't quite understand what the use of it would be.
    There has been some debate on that subject...

I can recall that some found it useful to record when a job started, or when an incident occurred (for those in emergency services). For some it was useful to record when medication was taken.

A bit harder than thinking of uses for a countdown timer though, and Casio hasn't offered the time memo function on new models for a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information