I killed my 6900...

Thread: I killed my 6900...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused I killed my 6900...

First of all... nice forum.

I've owned G-Shocks since the 90's. A few died, a few were lost. I've worn one for so long... no other watches are comfortable.

This is the first one I've killed. Months ago I had the battery replaced. Later, much later, noticed the alarm had stopped working.

I found this forum with Google, and the spring seemed to be the most likely culprit.

I opened the case, sure enough no spring. Heres where I may have goofed... out of curiosity I pulled the guts out... there was the spring laying inside.

Put it all back together... no power. Rinse wash repeat, tried different location for spring... it should touch the back cover, right?

All no go's.

My G is dead.

Before I send it off for repair... any suggestions? Did I fry it?

Hooz.

Wink Re: I killed my 6900...

I think you could try the AC procedure. Check my battery change page... If that dosn't work anymore, I'm afraid you have fried it...

All the best,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: I killed my 6900...

Well Hooz, you may or you may not have fried it. Deciding to have it repaired would depend on the cost of repair and the cost of purchasing a similar model. However, I didn't count the sentimental value of that particular watch. I, for example, had a 1983 G-Shock that I bought when I was in college at the same year. I wore/abused that watch to death for over 10 years without any thought. When I started working, I started buying more expensive watches (Rolex, Omega, etc) without any thought or passion. And now, I lost interest wearing all those luxury watches and I start getting back to the G-Shock with passion. Last year for some stupid reason, I lost my broken 1983 G-Shock and I do miss it very much. Take care.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Woohoo! You nailed it! Many many thanks!

I was psyching myself up for a proper Irish Wake for my departed friend...

I guess I need to start shopping for a spare so I can send this one off for cleaning and pressure testing...

Thanks again!

Hooz.

ditto on the AC contact

sometimes (for me its every time) it will save the day

just pay extra attention on the caseback seal when closing up the watch after the repair

and btw, how did you kill the previous couple of G-Shocks? :-S

I broke the first one while camping... I got up in the morning and the screen was completely black. Maybe water got in it.

While in the Army, somehow cracked the screen while out on maneuvers.

I've lost 2 more over the years... don't ask me how...

One of the toughest survivors was stolen; All scarred & dinged up but still working, I strapped it to the steering wheel of my 78 cutlass hotrod when my wife bought me nice fossil "grown up" watch. One day it was gone.

This last one is #5 or 6.

Hooz.

Wink Re: I killed my 6900...

My sister knows how to kill a G. She dropped her Baby-G on the street... They are probably not "ride over by car" proof...

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

all these proves that G-Shock CAN be destroyed (sometimes with ease :-D )

It could have been a truck too, she lost it just after she had unpacked the car on the street. She found these debris near her car and put it in a little plastic bag. It was a birthday gift from me to her. She now has a new Baby-G.

Cheers,

Sjors

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    It could have been a truck too, she lost it just after she had unpacked the car on the street. She found these debris near her car and put it in a little plastic bag. It was a birthday gift from me to her. She now has a new Baby-G.

Cheers,

Sjors
    I know a DW-5600 that was stepped on by a truck of 20 tons...Only the crystal is broken.The case...S.Steel..
    Him change the crystal. Totally new.This is the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information