I know I know. "not another what watch should I get" thread

Thread: I know I know. "not another what watch should I get" thread

I know I know. "not another what watch should I get" thread

So I have been visiting this page for many months and just now decided to register because I am making my first G Shock purchase today. I am a big guy so I would like a larger watch. I like the watches that have hands. Here is one I have been looking at.

Casio Men's GA100A-7 G-Shock X-Large Analog-Digital White and Blue Sports Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

The reviews seem to be good but with you fine pros, maybe you can give me a better view on this style watch. I am sure this particular watch will not hold its value so it is far from a collection piece. I like white watches and large faces. Can anybody recommend any other G shocks that fit what I want. It does not have to be white, but I prefer it. Also, is Amazon a safe place to buy from?? If not, any place I can be guaranteed to get an authentic G Shock. I hate to make these posts. I am sure over time I will become much more knowledge when it comes to G Shocks. thanks for your time.

Re: I know I know. "not another what watch should I get" thread

As far as amazon I have ordered watches from there and from eBay both and I have never gotten a fake in the mail. Amazon has a pretty good return procedure so if someone did happen to try to sneak a fake in they wouldn't be around for long. Just make sure you examine the watch and test out it's features thoroughly as soon as you get it. If there is a problem with it don't wear it around, package it up and immediately ship it back.

For your choice you have done a pretty good job picking out a nice big white G-Shock. I would also recommend checking out:

Casio Men's GA110C-7ACR G-Shock Large White Analog-Digital Multi-Function Sport Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

if you are interested in an analog/digital combo.

If you want pure digital watch then you can't go wrong with a white 6900.

Thank you for the response. How tough is it to keep white watches clean and can they be cleaned after they get a bit dirty. Also, I do like the pure digital ones as well. Does the 6900 have a big face like the one I showed about. I just don't want a watch to look tiny on me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GoPens - welcome to the board... and if Pens refers to Penguins then cool...
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

Quote Originally Posted by Time_Bandit_8 View Post
    GoPens - welcome to the board... and if Pens refers to Penguins then cool...
    Thanks for the welcoming. And yes, I am a die hard Penguins fan since 1988. No NHL is killing me.

Right on gopens. I like the whole "XL" series. I have the negative display version of the one you want.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1353904024634.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  43.8 KB

That one taught me to wash my watches after wearing them!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Also, whether GA or GD or GDF the 100/110/120/150/200/201 share similar cases and sizes. So if one works for you (size and comfort wise) then they all will.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1353904187523.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  93.9 KB

Cheers.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by gopens View Post
    How tough is it to keep white watches clean and can they be cleaned after they get a bit dirty.
    The GA100A-7A you linked in your first post has a glossy finish. Glossy white will be easier to keep clean than the matte models. Matte white (or other colors for that matter) may or may not pick up stains and dirt over time.
    G-Shock GW5600J-1 | GW-M5610-1 | GWX5600B-7 | DW-5030C-1 Resist Black | GW9200-1 Riseman | G9000-1 Mudman | G6900KG-3 | GA100-1A1 | GA100A-7A | Tissot PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk BJ7000-52E + Stowa Old Style strap | Seiko SNK809 + Crown & Buckle leather NATO | Seagull 1963 | Tokyoflash Shinshoku

Thread Information