I know this is an odd post but, why did he have to touch my watch?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I know this is an odd post but, why did he have to touch my watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I know this is an odd post but, why did he have to touch my watch?

Hi, I wore my white G Shock, GA 100 to church today and as I walked out and shook hands with a gentleman, he said, "Hey I see you have a new watch!"

I guess to indicate which watch he was talking about, he tapped the crystal twice with his finger. Was this really necessary?

I knew he was referring to the watch on my wrist. Why did he have to tap the crystal twice with his finger? I don't really like this. I think this is normal not to like this. It is poor etiquette to reach out and touch another man's watch. What if his hands are dirty?

Perhaps there are others who agree with me, perhaps not.

Re: I know this is an odd post but, why did he have to touch my watch?

Name:  picardchill.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  23.3 KB

Some people don't have personal space skills. Maybe he's a little "off" in places you don't know of. Give it a good OCD scrub and you'll be fine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As you yourself obviously don't think it was necessary, maybe you should have said to him;

''was that really necessary?''

Speak your mind, that's my philosophy!
    Bubbly Tubs, clikclok and wuyeah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bajachild View Post
    Some people don't have personal space skills. Maybe he's a little "off" in places you don't know of. Give it a good OCD scrub and you'll be fine.
    heh, that totally reminds me of somebody I know who lacks 'personal space' skills, he's the type of person who likes to slap you on the shoulder or nudge you forcefully whilst talking to about something...and who talks in a loud voice even though he's right next to you. Thing is, it seems this is a genuine phenomena, when I point these things out, the guy actually gets embarassed because he doesn't realise he's doing it...

anyway, I haven't had it done to my watches, but I hate people touching my laptop screens or desktop monitors, leaving finger marks and prints on them...really bugs me - I make the effort to tell people not to do it - 'pointing is fine, but no touching'

If I see another person with a G-Shock doing that I would say to them 'G-Shock on deck!' and show them mine. But I don't touch other people's watches. If someone did that to my new car to realize it was new by touching my car's paint it would be a bad day for that guy.
    GX-56-4 | GA-110RF | G-8900DGK | GW-9400-3

Let me get this straight, you didnt mind him shaking your hand but you are put off by him tapping your watch. LOL. Yikes.

What harm did he cause? My guess is he was trying to make a connection with you and take an interest in you.

Oh my... I shook hand with a guy a church this morning. He touched my shoulder... why did he do that... EEK!
    mayostard and Longshot_34 like this.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Maybe he thought the guy was going to snipe the watch from him?
    Or try to scratch the glass with his fingernail?

Either way, I think his giving it too much thought.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Quote Originally Posted by entropy96 View Post
    Maybe he thought the guy was going to snipe the watch from him?
    Or try to scratch the glass with his fingernail?

Either way, I think his giving it too much thought.
    Yeah, those churches are known for pick pockets and watch thieves....

And a G Shock scratched with a fingernail?

And yes... I agree... I think it is too much thought on the issue LOL.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

When I was abroad in Palma Nova Mallorca last summer a waiter appreciated my red jelly Frogman. He actually grabbed my arm and put his finger on the crystal and said it was a very nice watch and wanted to know where I bought it and how much it cost. I said it was a very rare watch from Japan and he was shocked to hear about the €500 price tag. He did not know G-shocks came that expensive hehe. I just removed his finger print from the crystal with the table cloth!

I appreciated his interest tough. I do not mind if someone who is in a conversation with me touches my watch. I would mind it tough if some random dude on the street did the same thing because, who knows he might be a robber/ pick pocket expert or something who just want to steal my attention while somebody else takes my wallet or something...
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information