I need help finding the perfect JDM G-Shock
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I need help finding the perfect JDM G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need help finding the perfect JDM G-Shock

Hello everyone, this is my first time venturing over to this subforum. I've owned a G-Shock since well before my WUS days but haven't had a need or desire for a new one. Well I've decided to sell a couple of my watches that I don't wear much due to a few different reasons. One of them being my Damasko DA36 which has always been my work watch. I would like to take a small portion (under $300) from selling that and get a new work watch, thus my current search for a G-Shock.

I seem to prefer the look of the smaller body G-Shocks such as the class 5600s. I'm also looking preferably for something JDM. If you're into cars at all then you probably know Subaru kids love their JDM toys. I think it would be fun to have a JDM watch again to go along with my Forester (not JDM, just to clarify - I wish though). So if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. The only one I really know of is the DW-5600BB-1JF which I like but I would like to view some other options as well. Oh and models that are Solar/Atomic are much preferred if they exist.

Re: I need help finding the perfect JDM G-Shock

Last edited by idkfa; August 7th, 2015 at 23:05.

idkfa hit the nail on the head. There is your watch the GW-5000-1JF JF, for Japan only market.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    That would be stealing ... they're $50 less on Rakuten with shipping included.
    Last edited by JohnQFord; August 7th, 2015 at 23:22. Reason: dollar amount
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    That would be stealing ... they're $50 less on Rakuten with shipping included.
    Buy the seller, I suppose. Seiya-san is a good guy, though his prices are a little higher as it is more of a hobby.
    IRBilldozer and Rocat like this.

I really like that one idkfa and to be honest going through someone like Seiya, Chino, or Higuchi is preferable if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by IRBilldozer View Post
    I really like that one idkfa and to be honest going through someone like Seiya, Chino, or Higuchi is preferable if possible.
    Seiya is an upstanding gentleman, though I have to admit I have only purchased parts from him. I have no reason to suspect any issues with watch purchases given the praise I have seen.

I purchased my GW-5000 and OCW-S100 from Chino and they were great to deal with. They inspect each watch before sending it out and they even take care of the warranty card.
    Rocat likes this.

There is something to be said about good customer service ad paying a little extra for it. The "extra" is a relative term depending on one's income level and if they are frugal or not.
    Izzy_Does_It and idkfa like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    There is something to be said about good customer service ad paying a little extra for it. The "extra" is a relative term depending on one's income level and if they are frugal or not.
    Although some of the sellers on Rakuten (even those offering the lowest prices) often have great service. There have been multiple times I bought the lowest priced item and got an extremely well packed watch along with extra gifts like candy and casio key chains for free
    Izzy_Does_It and idkfa like this.

I bought mine back when they were selling for $420 back in 2012. Do I regret it? No, I don't.
    $230-280 is definitely a steal.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information