I need a Mercenary

Thread: I need a Mercenary

I need a Mercenary

Hello all, I have been hard at work on several mod jobs, and have hit a brick wall concerning my abilities. What I really need now is for someone with actual skill to help me finish off one of the watches. Is there anyone out there willing to sell their services? What I am asking for specifically is pretty simple. I need a light button on a DW6900 switched out for another light button I have ordered. I thought that I had seen someone offer something like this on a thread a couple of months ago, but I can't find it for the life of me. So, if you have the technical skills to accomplish something like this, and would be interested in doing so, PM and I'm sure that we can come to a fair compensation package for you efforts. Thanks in advance!

Re: I need a Mercenary

Max C, I'm by no means an expert in modding Gs, but I've changed a light button on a DW003 once before. It's not difficult, just a PITA re-fitting the pesky "c" ring. I've read some really good tips on here on how best to do it. The best tip I heard was to try doing it with your hands and the watch inside a plastic bag. Only tool you'll need is tweezers, decent eyes, and a stady hand. The "c" rings will fly across the room and vanish into thin air if you slip, so that's why the bag idea was so great. I say give it a whirl...you may find it easier than you think. Just have some extra "c" rings handy just in case...
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I tried to order extra c rings from Casio, and they told me they are not availible. To be honest this is what has kept me from trying it on my own already. Also, I have terrible eye sight. I'm actually legally blind in one eye, so I'm pretty sketchy about my chance of success. Thanks for the info though Tsip, if nothing else you've helped my confidence a bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's easy:

-unscrew caseback screws
    -remove caseback
    -carefully lift module out by prying gently on all side with a small screwdriver.
    -put module in a safe place
    -hold one side of the E-clip that is retaining the button stem and push on the other side (you can use your fingernail to hold one side and the small screwdriver to push the other side and the E-clip will pop out.
    -pull out the button and replace with the new button
    -put the E-clip back (easiest way I've found is holding the round end FIRMLY with a good pair of tweezers (good grip strength tweezers) and pressing it down on the notch in the button stem (it should pop in with a little pressure)
    -put module back, making sure to use small screwdriver to check that all buttons are pressing where they should. test buttons BEFORE you put the caseback on.
    -put the caseback on

should take 15 mins

oh, and should you need new E-clips, the part number is 70415488 But in my experience it is easier to just salvage some from an old watch if you have one that is dead.

Kung you make it sound REALLY easy, thanks for the info, I'm not sure I am ready to ruin this watch in a test run though.

If you don´t want to do it yourself, try asking a local jeweller / watchmaker - he should have all tools necessary and the steady hands to use them.

Thread Information