I need the most durable-most water resistant G shock that can take crazy abuse.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need the most durable-most water resistant G shock that can take crazy abuse.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I need the most durable-most water resistant G shock that can take crazy abuse.

I actually own a rolex-day date--- paid $11,300.00 cash ! It appraises at $40,000 ...this watch a piece of crap... it is currently not working and it is not water resistant for ish ... so i am actually going to lock this away in my safe for a while and wear it when i wear a suit or something.

Anyhow, I just want a regular watch now. I do a lot of heavy traning. I need a watch that looks good, and it ACTUALLY WATER RESISTANT! ! ! I will be swimming just about everyday starting next week. I need a watch that can take a crazy amount of abuse and is also reliable and will not need anything for a while to be fixed on it. I'm not concerned about price. I want the best. I need a watch with a strap that is good for swimming and hardcore training. I am allergic to steal-metal-type bands...

Thanks in advance.

Re: I need the most durable-most water resistant G shock that can take crazy abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by daknucklegameisill View Post
    I actually own a rolex-day date--- paid $11,300.00 cash ! It appraises at $40,000 ...this watch a piece of crap... it is currently not working and it is not water resistant for ish ... so i am actually going to lock this away in my safe for a while and wear it when i wear a suit or something.

Anyhow, I just want a regular watch now. I do a lot of heavy traning. I need a watch that looks good, and it ACTUALLY WATER RESISTANT! ! ! I will be swimming just about everyday starting next week. I need a watch that can take a crazy amount of abuse and is also reliable and will not need anything for a while to be fixed on it. I'm not concerned about price. I want the best. I need a watch with a strap that is good for swimming and hardcore training. I am allergic to steal-metal-type bands...

Thanks in advance.
    Just about any resin strap model will do for swimming. Look into the Gulfman line though since it uses titanium and no worries about corrosion from a chlorinated pool. Also there are some nice analog MRG models that use titanium as well for the case and bracelet. No worries there either since it's hypo allergenic.

Kev

Re: I need the most durable-most water resistant G shock that can take crazy abuse.

Get a Gulfman GW-9100, it's the G-SHOCK of choice around here these days, although any G, even the humble DW-5600E will do you nicely.

madkx likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Get a Gulfman GW-9100, it's the G-SHOCK of choice around here these days, although any G, even the humble DW-5600E will do you nicely.

I second that. The Gulfman will taka almost anything. Besides it's solar powered, multiband 5 and has some Ti parts too. Nice large digits on a very legible neat display. Water and surroundings is his element....

Wait wait wait...

You bought a "rolex-day date" and yet you're allergic to "steal-metal-type bands"???

Which LE Rollie did you get?

My suggestion for a G: a solar/atomic Mudman (GW-9000).
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

i was thinking, a trusty old DW-6900, but you said you wanted the best, so it has to be a Frogman!

[quote=Seamaster73;1290440]Get a Gulfman GW-9100, it's the G-SHOCK of choice around here these days, although any G, even the humble DW-5600E will do you nicely.

cool so Gw-9100 ? what kind of strap is that ? is it battery powered or solar powered? and it deifinitely water resistant right ?

I'd recommend the atomic Gulfman too. If you've got the cash, want something a bit flash, and prefer a non-allergenic metal bracelet, you could look at MR-G's with titanium bracelets.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

MRG-7500 gets my vote...full titanium with DLC coating....love it...! Gulfman also very nice but I just could not get on with the strap...that double kink was uncomfortable for my weedy wrists...best of luck !

Hello there daknucklegameisill!

All Gs are pretty much spec-ed for trashing. It just boils down to specific functions you want in the watch and also your preference for the design

As of what you said about your allergy to steel bands you might want to take note most Gs come with stainless steel caseback. However there are still quite a few models that come with titanium caseback such as the Gulfman as mentioned by the above posters.

Since you still wear that Rolex i guess your allergy to steel isn't that bad which is good since you have a much wider selection of Gs to choose from!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information