I never realised that the GD-100MS is available with a negative display as well as an orange (?) one

View Poll Results: Negative or positive display?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • negative

11 35.48%
  • postive (orange)

20 64.52%
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I never realised that the GD-100MS is available with a negative display as well as an orange (?) one

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture I never realised that the GD-100MS is available with a negative display as well as an orange (?) one

The GD-100MS with orange(-like?) display caught my eye a while ago. I love green Gs. While doing a little research I stumbled across the same watch with negative display. It doesn't appear so in the pictures, but the resin is green in both cases. I'm not sure whether it's the same green. :-S I'm a sucker for negative displays, but the orange one looks cool too :-S Which one do you like best? (the origin of the pics should be obvious )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers,
    Micha

Re: I never realised that the GD-100MS is available with a negative display as well as an orange (?)

I have been eyeing the negative one for a while now, it's GD-100MS-3, i think
    but somehow, i brought in other G's instead ...
    I think this G is one bad ass to wear, nothing to dislike about it, but my top priority now is a riseman (or at least I keep telling myself so)

Re: I never realised that the GD-100MS is available with a negative display as well as an orange (?)

I like the negative display better, but I like the black resin. The green looks great, don't get me wrong, but I wish Casio would have kept the MS series all the same. It would make for a really cool set of black stealthed resin, with module number in grey, and the same negative display with amber digits. But many people are not find of the negative/amber digit displays. It looks like the MS-3 has the same negative display as the regular GD100B...with grey digits rather than amber.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why not get both? Worse comes to worse, sell one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau8 View Post
    Why not get both? Worse comes to worse, sell one.
    If the colors in the pics are correct, then it might look cool to get both and to a bezel/band swap. I like the positive display better, but I like the resin on the negative display better (the lighter green, if it really is lighter).

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    It doesn't appear so in the pictures, but the resin is green in both cases.
    The positive (orange) display comes with black bezel. I have and like this one a lot. The display is very visible from a distance. Bright orange elimination is very cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    The positive (orange) display comes with black bezel. I have and like this one a lot. The display is very visible from a distance. Bright orange elimination is very cool too.
    Correct. The positive display model, GD-100MS-1, is indeed black. I find the orange display a much more legible solution to a subdued display than a negative display.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

I think the display is not orange but pink (or rather salmon) - similar to the GW-9200MS I guess:

I'd get the negative display version because of the cool red LED-backlight.

cheers, Sedi
    ericng79 likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    If the colors in the pics are correct, then it might look cool to get both and to a bezel/band swap. I like the positive display better, but I like the resin on the negative display better (the lighter green, if it really is lighter).
    It certainly does look cool. I have both watches and bought them with the intention of swapping bands and bezels. Both watches look way better after the swap than they did before.

I like the positive display on this one, only because I have a GD-100B already.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information