I never thought I'd buy a 5600 series.....I JUST DID from amazon.

Thread: I never thought I'd buy a 5600 series.....I JUST DID from amazon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I never thought I'd buy a 5600 series.....I JUST DID from amazon.

I've been contemplating whether to buy the GWX5600B-7CR, G5600A(yellow), or the G6900(yellow/white) for many weeks and I finally made up my mind to buy the GWX5600B-7CR. I did not see that watch appealing but there was just something about that made me want to buy it after watching a clip of someones review and a photo on one of the wruw threads. I have owned bigger G's such as the Frogman, Riseman, Mudman, Gulfman...etc. and never in my mind did I thought I'd buy a small sized G. I seriously cannot wait for this watch to arrive from Amazon. The price was 105 bucks which was not bad and I signed up for amazon's reward credit card because I always buy stuff on their website. I realized I've spent about 500 bucks in the past and I missed all those rewards!! After I put that watch in the cart, it turns out Amazon rewards card offers 30 bucks off! I got the watch for $75! Such a deal!

Anyone own the GWZ5600-7CR? What do you like about it? Pics would be great too so I can stare at it till the watch arrives! Thanks.

Name:  71UQxMClf1L._AA1333_.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  142.3 KB
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Re: I never thought I'd buy a 5600 series.....I JUST DID from amazon.

This is the G that actually started my collection maybe a few months ago. It is a slippery slope lol, i've gotten MANY more since... sigh. Still this one holds that special VIP status in my heart! Love that I can see the time in timer and stopwatch mode, and love the 8 segment moon phase.

and just the other day I threw on a stealthed 5600 bezel for fun and really actually liked it quite a bit.

Just curious if you know what picture it was that made you feel like it was interesting, or worth it?
    Last edited by strongergodzilla; March 9th, 2011 at 08:27.

good buy do post the picture when it arrives :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

BWHAHAHAHA!!! Once the 5600s have you they never let go my friend. Enjoy!

Suspended

I like the 5600 models the best too and am trying to limit my buying to them exclusively.

I was debating adding a GLX G-Lide to the collection but this thread introduced me to the GWX. Awesome. Its like a digital Panda.

Like you, I always prefered the bigger Gs. I won an auction on the Bay for a DW-002 and a DW5600E. I love the 002 and needed the bezel for my first G. The 5600 I didn't really care about...it just kinda came with it. I thik I paid less than $40 for both watches. I was estatic to get a new bezel on my 002 and get it on my wirst again. Then I tried on the 5600. Boring as it was, I found it suprisingly comfortable. Still, I resisted any slight urge I had to actually wear it. I decided it would become my "tester" watch. Anytime I wanted to expierment with a mod, I'd try it out on the boring little ole 5600. Painted letters on the bezel...tried a reverse display...hydro...then I broke down and bought strap adapters and a zulu because I had created one bad ass, VERY comfortable watch and I can hardly resist the urge to wear it every day!!! Even my beloved 002 is starting to feel some neglect!!!!

Name:  IMG_20110306_172136.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  80.9 KBName:  IMG_20110306_172054.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  88.4 KB
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by strongergodzilla View Post
    Very nice look! While the white bezel has a certain novelty to it, I prefer the more subtle black. Nice to see how easy it is to get the black version, as they're showing up on fleabay rather cheap. Did you get yours specifically unpainted or did you remove the paint?

I've been looking at getting a watch with moon and tide graphs. The Gulfman has been in my sights, but I'm partial to the smaller 5600 design. Plus, it seems like you can't get tide graphs plus solar on the Gulfman. How long has the GWX5600B model been available?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Very nice look! While the white bezel has a certain novelty to it, I prefer the more subtle black. Nice to see how easy it is to get the black version, as they're showing up on fleabay rather cheap. Did you get yours specifically unpainted or did you remove the paint?

I've been looking at getting a watch with moon and tide graphs. The Gulfman has been in my sights, but I'm partial to the smaller 5600 design. Plus, it seems like you can't get tide graphs plus solar on the Gulfman. How long has the GWX5600B model been available?
    My bezel came off my dw5600ms which is the MIRB 5600, unpainted from the factory. But apparently, this is the easiest of mods. The dw5600e black bezel is avail from the 'bay for less than 20 bucks, and it supposedly takes less than a few minutes to take off the paint with some goo gone?

When I think of G-Shock the first watch I think of is a 5600.

I GOT THE WATCH! THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND PICS GUYS! I POSTED PICTURES here https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...ml#post3772410
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information