I no longer search Worldwide
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I no longer search Worldwide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I no longer search Worldwide

A small rant thread!!

In years gone by I always used to search for used G Shocks on ebay with "Worldwide" set as a filter to obviously have more options and results. In the last 2 or 3 years especially, there are a large number of Japanese sellers on there which have quite literally made me now search "European Union".

As an example I decided to try world wide the other day, with the result of having to scroll through literally 10-15 "pages", (this is on the website version on the pc, so I think in the region of 100 results per page?), of just one Japanese seller's items!

Now I've got nothing against sellers from any country and everyone has a right to list as many items as they wish, but it frustrates me having to scroll through so many, (oh, and usually all set to the same Buy it Now price too!).

The most annoying thing is ebay doesn't let you filter out specific countries, so unfortunately unless I decide to have the patience of a saint, I now only search Europe.

Anyone else?
    Dxnnis and memento_mori like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Re: I no longer search Worldwide

It is terrible to have so many choices!
    What's he building in there?...I'll tell you one thing, He's not building a playhouse for the children.

CC

Only ever search 'Europe'. Shipping and V.A.T kill any other deal.
    Dxnnis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And most of the prices from some Japanese and Hong Kong sellers are really to high...that's even more frustrating!
    memento_mori likes this.

Some of the Asian prices are comical. I avoid China watches, and a few other regions due to the proliferation of fakes and Frankenstein's.

Then you have the sellers that lie about location.... Bought a G once that said USA seller, location Los Angeles. Watch (fake) came from China... Tracking numbers don't lie

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

I don't often buy from eBay and Japan sellers prices are often pretty ludicrous really.

Quite often these seller have the exact same watch on sale in Japan for far less money, I have actually bought the same watch, that was for sale on eBay, for far less from Japan.

Mitch
    memento_mori, Dxnnis and kubr1ck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    I don't often buy from eBay and Japan sellers prices are often pretty ludicrous really.

Quite often these seller have the exact same watch on sale in Japan for far less money, I have actually bought the same watch, that was for sale on eBay, for far less from Japan.

Mitch
    Yes indeed. When I was tracking down an MRG-1100-2, I found that several sellers on eBay were listing the same watch with the same photos for a heavily marked up price. Then I tracked down the source of the watch via Rakuten: a pawn shop in Kyoto, who had the watch listed for hundreds less. You just have to be patient and look at several sources, not just be loyal to one.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

e-bay and amazon become in many cases platform o sell fake watches, do crazy prices deals and other things. Search sucks and you do need to go through ton of listings often with 0 relation to what you looking for.
    Prices for regular G-s X2 or X3 just because they from Japan (or suppose to be so) are for us to pass and let it hang.
    Easy nerve saving posture #3
    Smile and wave!
    Name:  smile and wave.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  8.9 KB
    Dxnnis likes this.
    It should be special!

Yes indeed. When I was tracking down an MRG-1100-2, I found that several sellers on eBay were listing the same watch with the same photos for a heavily marked up price. Then I tracked down the source of the watch via Rakuten: a pawn shop in Kyoto, who had the watch listed for hundreds less. You just have to be patient and look at several sources, not just be loyal to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post

Mitch
    and its even cheaper again in store! theyre not dumb, they see the market prices, factor in the "shipping overseas" hassle tax then slap on a shoot for the moon price. im longing for the day a good friend (one that can put up with my incessant and repeated demands lol) moves to jp so i have a direct line to the mothership lol
    Steelerswit, kubr1ck and Dxnnis like this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

In a similar (but totally unrelated) vein I now but my Gs only from U.K. sellers.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast