I ordered a GA110hc-1A and it came in a "Baby G Shock" box What happened?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I ordered a GA110hc-1A and it came in a "Baby G Shock" box What happened?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I ordered a GA110hc-1A and it came in a "Baby G Shock" box What happened?

Hi, I ordered the GA110HC-1A and it arrived in a Baby G Shock box. Is this a baby G shock model? The box itself has a label with the right model number on it. However, the box itself is a small, white cardboard box that says "Baby G Shock."

What is going on here? The watch has no wrapping or warranty cards. I bought this from Nordstrom online.

Re: I ordered a GA110hc-1A and it came in a "Baby G Shock" box What happened?

A GA110HC-1A is definitely a full blown G-Shock and not a Baby-G. Nordstrom just gave you a random box they had and the label might have been made by them.

That seems to happen often from the reviews I've read, which is a bummer because I had considered buying something there but now steer clear from them. Decent availability of models and prices are MSRP. This shows how little care they have about customer experience can cost you a sale, not that they need my money anyway.

G-Shock GW5600J-1 | GW-M5610-1 | GWX5600B-7 | DW-5030C-1 Resist Black | GW9200-1 Riseman | G9000-1 Mudman | G6900KG-3 | GA100-1A1 | GA100A-7A | Tissot PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk BJ7000-52E + Stowa Old Style strap | Seiko SNK809 + Crown & Buckle leather NATO | Seagull 1963 | Tokyoflash Shinshoku

Didn't Casio send the Ga110hc-1a to Nordstrom in the original tin? Why would Nordstrom remove it from the original tin container?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Who knows?

If you buy it from an actual Nordstrom, you probably will get the tin container. But chances are, orders placed on their website are sourced from a warehouse. Could be misplaced, someone too lazy to find it, the original container is lost or they just don't care.

Also, I don't want to be too judgmental of Nordstrom here as I've never purchased anything from them yet. Just warning others who might want to order from them but didn't take the time to read all the reviews on their site.
    G-Shock GW5600J-1 | GW-M5610-1 | GWX5600B-7 | DW-5030C-1 Resist Black | GW9200-1 Riseman | G9000-1 Mudman | G6900KG-3 | GA100-1A1 | GA100A-7A | Tissot PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk BJ7000-52E + Stowa Old Style strap | Seiko SNK809 + Crown & Buckle leather NATO | Seagull 1963 | Tokyoflash Shinshoku

That is the new case. Macys rep gave me a few. They are discontinuing the black tins.

EDIT:
    You're talking about this packaging, right?

Name:  IMG_20120525_231111(1).jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  468.5 KB
    Last edited by G_Me; May 26th, 2012 at 05:13.

Yes, that's the exact packaging and box, pillow included. So all G Shocks come in boxes marked "Baby G Shock"? Even the X large G Shocks for men?

Seems like a smarter packaging than those tins. I hope this new box is sized as the current JP ones.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

maybe the box is meant to signify both Baby-G and G-shock lines because I think Casio calls the Baby-G line simply Baby-G as opposed to Baby-G G Shock(hopefully this makes sense which as I am reading seems confusing, sorry) meaning that the box can be used for both lines.

I also prefer the Japanesse Domestic Market packaging over tins.
    wuyeah and kurzjak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    maybe the box is meant to signify both Baby-G and G-shock lines because I think Casio calls the Baby-G line simply Baby-G as opposed to Baby-G G Shock(hopefully this makes sense which as I am reading seems confusing, sorry) meaning that the box can be used for both lines.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I have to admit, when I saw "Baby G" on the box, I was a little dismayed. As it turns out, it's just the new packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post

This kinda make sense. it is Baby-G/G-Shock. They need a line btw to separate the two. Shouldn't G-Shock should be on top? Two type sizes? only reason they did that simply wanna hv both logo as equal width but not thoughtful visually. Oh my....horrible design decisions all together. How can this pass through an art director. I'll yell if someone show me something like that. Two logos on a box and not even try to make them look nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information