I really like the GD-100, is it too big and other concerns?

Thread: I really like the GD-100, is it too big and other concerns?

Question I really like the GD-100, is it too big and other concerns?

I have been looking at the G-shock brand in the last few days. I got the idea to maybe buy one of these watches to see how I like the look and feel of a very large watch before I purchase a 45mm mtm special ops watch.

Well I am temproary in Germany now and was looking at the watches in a large department store and noticed a watch that I have not seen on the internet. I really liked it when I first saw it after looking at the numerous G-shocks they had. When I got to my apartment I tried looking this watch up but couldn't locate it so went back today to get the model number. I also tried it on today and just really loved it. It is the GD-100.

Amazon.com: Casio Men's GD100-1ACR G-Shock X-Large Black Multi-Functional Digital Sport Watch: Watches

What I like about it is the very thick strap, and it also felt very comfortable. I also just love the look. Everything about it just seems right and well done. It reminds me of my first and only G-shock watch that I got when I was around 11 or 12 years old back around 1990. It looked very similar to that watch. My G-shock at that time was a monster at my age, and this watch is also a monster at my age today. The G-shock was one of my favorites as a kid.

Now some concerns are the fact that I have very small wrists. I did try the watch on and I loved the look and it felt very comfortable. I tried on another 45mm size, and the band felt to thin and I actually preferred the larger size. Since I am a bit self conscious (low self esteem) these days I was wondering if this watch can be too big for my small wrists. I do think because I have small wrists I should get a bigger watch. But my concern is not what I think, I am fine with the large size, it is what other people will think. Is there anything I should look at before buying such a monster watch that is 51mm.
    Or is G-shock known to be big and everbody knows it is supposed to be big, so it will look fine? Basically, is it possible for this watch to be too large?

My other concern is that I am in Europe at the moment and will be returning to America next month. Should I wait to buy this in America? I am worried about warranty and also concerned about paying too much. Right now I see it at 99 Euros, which is $135 dollars. Maybe I can get a 10% coupon which would put it at $120 dollars. Is it worth paying that much or will I find this watch on Amazon in a few weeks for $45 dollars like many others I see?

Anyone else have any opinions on this watch?

Re: I really like the GD-100, is it too big and other concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by Watch Buyer View Post
    I really liked it when I first saw it...

I also tried it on today and just really loved it...

What I like about it is the very thick strap, and it also felt very comfortable...

I also just love the look...

Everything about it just seems right and well done...

I did try the watch on and I loved the look and it felt very comfortable...
    OK. So, what more do you need from us?

Watches are big at the moment. Everyone knows that.

Watches often go down in price after a few months on the market.

I don't see either of those facts outweighing your initial thoughts.

Re: I really like the GD-100, is it too big and other concerns?

You like the watch??? Get it!!!

Yes maybe it will be cheaper in a few month, maybe some people will think the watch is oversized for your wrist. So what?

Is it comfortable? Do you like the look? Do you habe the bugs to buy it?

If yes don't think about it and get and you will have a nice watch which will always reminds you to your trip to Europe
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Thread Information