I think I ruined my fisherman :(

Thread: I think I ruined my fisherman :(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I think I ruined my fisherman :(

I was replacing the battery and went to put it all back together and now none of the buttons work. I cant tell if its just the buttons are sticking or if the buttons arent pressing far enough to make contact.

I never did anything with a watch internals before so Im at a lose and now my beloved fisherman is crippled.

Any info on where to even start looking at to what the problem may be? Id like to just send it off for repair/cleaning but no idea about who to go to for that either(in the USA).

Re: I think I ruined my fisherman :(

First of all, does the display work??? (important)!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Second, have you had the bezel off and caught one of the buttons putting it back on. If one of the buttons is being pushed down all the time by the bezel, then none of the others will work i think.

In fact i just tried it on my Fisherman and no other button will work if one is held down.

Rusty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Rusty,

Also a good point. I was actually thinking of the button stifts getting under the lips on the module. It happens if the module comes out of the case a little during changing a battery. Normally the button stift pushes against a metal lip (2) to make contact to the module (3). If the lip slips under the stift, the button won't work or only works if pressed with a great force used. I had this several times.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yep another good suggestion Sjors, if the module has been removed. Though this usually becomes apparent fairly quickly, if it's all new to you, it may be overlooked.

Some good suggestions so far, iwannadie hope the fisherman is up and running again soon.

Rusty

Wink Re: I think I ruined my fisherman :(

Hi Rusty,

It also might happen at the moment you want to open the battery lock or whiloe removing the battery. It is sometimes very hard to keep the module in place.

Cheers,

Sjors

The display works and all the buttons(on the modular) work if the press them with a tiny screw driver. With the moduler out of the case I can see all the stifts(if thats what they are called lol) are pushed back like normal. If I press the buttons on the case they barely move inward at all and dont go back out on their own very well.

Is there a way to take the base apart and clean the buttons? After looking at it just now, Im thinking maybe the stifts arent retracting enough to let the modular seat back into place maybe.

Dam watch, Im used to working on cars/motorcycles not tiny watchs ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Rusty,

It also might happen at the moment you want to open the battery lock or whiloe removing the battery. It is sometimes very hard to keep the module in place.

Cheers,

Sjors
    The module did pop out of place as soon as I took the back case off. I think that always happened in the past so I didnt think any thing of it.

Sometimes you have to work the module around until it's seated right with the pushers at the side, rather than on top of the pushers..........??

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by iwannadie View Post
    The module did pop out of place as soon as I took the back case off. I think that always happened in the past so I didnt think any thing of it.
    Well, did you fix it mate?
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information