I'd like your feedback on this feedback issue

Thread: I'd like your feedback on this feedback issue

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd like your feedback on this feedback issue

I bought a G-Shock from "buysaleitems" on eBay. I sent payment via postal money order within 48 hours of the end of the auction. The seller received my payment 7 days later (Texas mail must be the worst), and I received notice today that the watch was being shipped.

I wrote and asked the seller to please leave me positive feedback, since he had received my payment. He wrote back and stated:

"We have automatic system where feedback will be left once we get the feedback." That is, once I post feedback for them.

I replied as follows: "Ah, isn't that a little unfair? After all, a buyer's payment and a seller's shipment are two different events. I think I'm entitled to positive feedback when you receive my payment."

There has been no further comment from the seller. Now, am I out of line? I always left pos-feedback for a buyer as soon as I received payment. This "automatic system" almost seems like an insurance policy for the seller's reputation.

Re: I'd like your feedback on this feedback issue

So has the seller's automatic response system in fact given you an negative? or have you yet to post feedback for the seller in order to receive one? I'd be more concerned if you did in fact get a negative, but if you get a positive one then all is well I suppose?

Why the hurry in leaving or getting feedback? The purpose of eBay's Feedback System is to evaluate a completed transaction, isn't it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sellers are no longer allowed to give buyers a negative feedback on eBay.
    Casio G-Shock - GW-5600J
    Doxa - SUB300 Sharkhunter 50th Anniversary
    Rolex
    - Submariner 16610
    Vostok Amphibia - 090660

Last time I purchased an item on eBay (mid July) it said that eBay's new feedback system doesn't allow the seller to leave feedback for the buyer so the buyer is allowed to leave honest feedback without fear of a negative feedback recourse. I think eBay has a new system for rating sellers.

I have used this retailer before and they are usually reliable. Even though, theoretically, a seller cannot leave negative feedback, their system is, I think, set up to respond once you have left your feedback. This new system is not foolproof. You can still get negative feedback from a seller in the "written section" while a positive appears in your numerical section.

I wouldn't worry--at least not yet.

Sometimes I don't even get feedback from my buyers. Feel lucky if you get it from the seller. I know eBay doesn't let them give negatives to buyers anymore so you're pretty safe.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by arcata View Post
    I have used this retailer before and they are usually reliable. Even though, theoretically, a seller cannot leave negative feedback, their system is, I think, set up to respond once you have left your feedback. This new system is not foolproof. You can still get negative feedback from a seller in the "written section" while a positive appears in your numerical section.

I wouldn't worry--at least not yet.
    Never thought of that. But guess what, if I see someone with 100% positive I'm not digging through them all to see if there was a negative comment shoved in there somewhere.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

I don't understand why a buyer emails me looking for feedback.... is it that important?
    the new system at the bay is so bogus..... I had an auction close last week and the guy has yet to pay. now he sends me "deseased bay"..... what does that mean and what language is it??

by sale items is a good seller..... the feedback deal is minor. my guess is he has big number of ebay transactions and does not leave feedback in a timely manner.

....man do I need to get some sleep....

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    ......... is to evaluate a completed transaction, isn't it?
    that's right, the feedback should come only after everything is said and done, which means, payment and receive have been completed. i leave feedback after i receive item and happy with it. and normally i get a 'reply' feedback from the seller nearly instantly. they must have some automated system to reply to feedbacks.

i did not hear bad things about buysaleitems. it's logical that he leaves feedback after he gets one, and maybe his computer does that for him. i received items from him pretty quickly. last week i ordered a 5600 from him, expecting it this week(US to AUS).

GW2000B-1A
    GW-9200 'Dragon' Riseman
    DW-5600E-1V
    AWG 101-1A
    Seiko SNZG13K1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information