An Idea for the Forum G Watch - Page 2

Thread: An Idea for the Forum G Watch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: An Idea for the Forum G Watch

Quote Originally Posted by krazyjoe66 View Post
    Now you got my attention!! I voted for blue also, I would like to see some silver accents and the "G" button in brushed aluminum!!
    Yep, sounds good!
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

I love both the ORANGE & the BLUE design. The colors used aren't an issue with me (as long as it's NOT bright pink ... Sorry Sjors ...) I would get one whatever the color scheme that's chosen but do we really need WUS, F17 or TROOPER to be placed on the band? I think TROOPER would look good if placed in the "Display Surround" as is done with the MUDMAN, GULFMAN, etc... I feel that if it were to be placed there it would be tasteful, unobtrusive and it would seem as though it were meant to go there. As far as print on the strap goes I suggest placing the "WATCHUSEEK LOGO" ( the W inside a square ) and maybe also the WEBSITE ADDRESS. I feel this would keep the design simple but still one of a kind & it would get the point across that it's truly something special & not your average "G". If you would like to include a stripe or some other design on the strap that's fine too. I am extremely excited to see this piece come to life & I hope we can make that happen.

Thanks for listening & any other suggestions or feedback about the ideas I have given is appreciated ...

Respectfully,
    reed420

Nice design!
    Not to beat a dead horse, but maybe "watchuseek" would be a good logo rather than all the wus variations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would like something blue but, I don't like it when the screen is colored also. Maybe something like one of these?

-

If the lettering on the bezel matched the color of the strap used, it would be even nicer imo.

Very nice! I'd definitely have either of those.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

That is a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
    I would like something blue but, I don't like it when the screen is colored also. Maybe something like one of these?

-

If the lettering on the bezel matched the color of the strap used, it would be even nicer imo.
    nice !
    that thing on a g5600 too ...
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

So was there ever any real intention to get a WUS watch made, or was this just a look what I can do with photoshop thread?

There was and I hope there still is. The idea is to get some design we all sort or less like and than pitch that at Casio to see till what extend they can support. The main bottle neck is now to find somebody who can come up with a cool design. Or we might help AYAKO reconsider his redrawel by sending hem a pm

All your help and ideas are welcomed to see if we can make this happen

I don't think the bottleneck is a design. The real problem is getting Casio to make it.

In the past when I've enquired, the responses I've got are:

1) For short runs of promotional models, they will consider taking a totally stock colour, stock design watch and offering printing on the strap only. Imagine a totally straight 5600 with "WUS" printed somewhere on the strap. Not exactly inspiring.

2) For quantities over 50,000 units, more leeway starts to become available when it comes to different bezel colours and dial prints.

So really, I think the design is the least of our worries!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information